Why don't I have my extra 1GB of data from setting up auto pay?
MackMack
Enthusiast - Level 1

What do I do / who should I contact?

I opened my prepaid account yesterday with a  $45 payment. My data limit showed 1GB, all was good.  

Today I added autopay.  MyVerizon  still shows 1GB limit.   Both store rep and Web page indicated my limit should go up by 1GB with Auto pay.

What must I do to get that additional 1GB?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Prepaid plan with Auto pay did not add 1GB to my data
BlueE46
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mack,

I had the same thing happen to me when I began service.  From VZW online chat, I found that the additional 1 GB kicks in when autopay actually renews (i.e. pays) service.  After the 1st month, the additional 1 GB was active.

View solution in original post

BlueE46
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mack,

I had the same thing happen to me when I began service.  From VZW online chat, I found that the additional 1 GB kicks in when autopay actually renews (i.e. pays) service.  After the 1st month, the additional 1 GB was active.

Snn5
Legend

You should call Verizon while logged into your My Verizon page.  Either call or Live Chat and the 1GB will be added right then.  Don't get off the phone or chat until you see the change in My Verizon.  to be fair....the 1GB bonus data is NOT supposed to appear until after the FIRST auto payment which is technically your SECOND payment for beginning the second month of service.

0 Likes
MackMack
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I ported in from Boost, so i got the second month free, but I added auto-pay the first day i signed up.  I basically got the first month free, extra 1GB data and the $45 I used to start service was used to pay my Second month.  I had to un-enroll from AP of course, so that I wasn't charged a 2nd time, but as soon as I renewed from the $45 credit int he account i added AP back and Live Chat added the 1GB back.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MackMack,

We understand the importance of connecting with the world around you. Due to your account being a pre-paid account we are unable to access your information. However, our pre-paid department would be able to assist you in adding the missing data to your plan. Here is a direct number for that department (888)294-6804. Please let us know if you need any other additional assistance. We are here to help.
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes