Why only 1GB of data for the $45 plan?
Dustin001
Contributor - Level 1

Hello!!! For the most part I love my Verizon Prepaid service but why is the data allotment so low for the $45 plan? I mean I can workaround with WiFi but I don't see why it should be so low. At least 2GB would be nice.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why only 1GB of data for the $45 plan?
Snn5
Legend

Look, Prepaid has been like this since day 1.  Prepaid is for people who don't need all the extras, don't want contracts, and are content with just having service and using their phone and going through life.  It's laid back like that.  More Everything plans are geared towards those who don't need a security deposit, or aren't worried about a year without that sum of money, it's for people who need 25GB of Verizon Cloud space, or NFL Mobile, or a set limit of International min/texts, or a loyalty points program.  Outside of that, ME Plans offer more data and line discounts after contract and on Edge.  The coverage area is almost identical between the two options.  If you don't need 6GB of data, or a new flagship and can survive on 3.5 GB or less or have an old contract phone like I do to bring along, then Prepaid is the way to go.  Sure, the support options are either nil or include long wait times on chat and phone, and you will find no support for prepaid from vzw reps here in the forum other than to refer to the phone number for Prepaid or *611.  Think about the differences in features and the difference in money.  I pay $35 a month less than a person on More Everything with 2GB, and in turn, they pay $35 more a month than me for NFL, a loyalty points reward very few find favor with and 25GB of cloud space for which I have double that with Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive.  Only other diference is the My Verizon app....Prepaid doesn't have a widget.......

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

I get 2GB on Autopay.  The $60 2.5GB gets 3.5 on AP.  Single lines get 1 and 2GB for even more money.  There has to be a cut off of features and data allotments at some point so that postpaid is deemed more viable to customers since there is more money there than in Prepaid.

0 Likes
Dustin001
Contributor - Level 1

I don't see why Prepaid needs to be screwed over I mean anyone that prefers Prepaid is doing so because they don't want a contract so how is Postpaid more appealing? Oh well guess I will try autopay to get that extra GB.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Look, Prepaid has been like this since day 1.  Prepaid is for people who don't need all the extras, don't want contracts, and are content with just having service and using their phone and going through life.  It's laid back like that.  More Everything plans are geared towards those who don't need a security deposit, or aren't worried about a year without that sum of money, it's for people who need 25GB of Verizon Cloud space, or NFL Mobile, or a set limit of International min/texts, or a loyalty points program.  Outside of that, ME Plans offer more data and line discounts after contract and on Edge.  The coverage area is almost identical between the two options.  If you don't need 6GB of data, or a new flagship and can survive on 3.5 GB or less or have an old contract phone like I do to bring along, then Prepaid is the way to go.  Sure, the support options are either nil or include long wait times on chat and phone, and you will find no support for prepaid from vzw reps here in the forum other than to refer to the phone number for Prepaid or *611.  Think about the differences in features and the difference in money.  I pay $35 a month less than a person on More Everything with 2GB, and in turn, they pay $35 more a month than me for NFL, a loyalty points reward very few find favor with and 25GB of cloud space for which I have double that with Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive.  Only other diference is the My Verizon app....Prepaid doesn't have a widget.......

Dustin001
Contributor - Level 1

On my phone I have a My Verizon app that is weird that yours doesn't. And you are right Prepaid is the way to go I don't see the appeal for contracts. I guess for those that have to have the latest device but I am perfectly content with my Moto G Smiley Happy. I just wish we got slightly more data on the plans for prepaid.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Dustin001 wrote:

I don't see why Prepaid needs to be screwed over I mean anyone that prefers Prepaid is doing so because they don't want a contract so how is Postpaid more appealing?

You do not need to have a contract to have a postpaid account. You can have a post paid account without a contract.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Dustin001 wrote:

On my phone I have a My Verizon app that is weird that yours doesn't. And you are right Prepaid is the way to go I don't see the appeal for contracts. I guess for those that have to have the latest device but I am perfectly content with my Moto G . I just wish we got slightly more data on the plans for prepaid.

You don't have to have a contract, just have to bring a compatible device with you to sign up.  Otherwise you have to go contract or Edge.

I have a My Verizon app as well.  I missed what you meant by "weird."

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Snn5 wrote:

Dustin001 wrote:

On my phone I have a My Verizon app that is weird that yours doesn't. And you are right Prepaid is the way to go I don't see the appeal for contracts. I guess for those that have to have the latest device but I am perfectly content with my Moto G . I just wish we got slightly more data on the plans for prepaid.

You don't have to have a contract, just have to bring a compatible device with you to sign up.  Otherwise you have to go contract or Edge.

Or purchase full retail.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If I bought full retail, I'd opt for a postpaid plan given the value (depending on needs.)

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

What you would do and what is available are 2 different things. If you only pass on what you would do instead of all options, the person you are informing is not making a decision based upon ALL available information. Your statement makes it sound as if purchasing at full retail is NOT an option.

0 Likes