Re: Why only 1GB of data for the $45 plan?
Snn5
Legend

Dustin001 wrote:

On my phone I have a My Verizon app that is weird that yours doesn't. 

I see what you were saying now.  I have the app, like you, but the widget that displays data use is not available on prepaid.

0 Likes
Dustin001
Contributor - Level 1

That is weird mine displays data usage oh well have you asked Verizon why you can't see the data? Anywho to get back to the topic we all agree that 1GB is kind of ridiculous?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

No, I don't think 1GB is ridiculous.

I am using My Data Manager.  It counts MMS as data, so I know my Verizon use is always lower than reported.  Verizon reports about 25MB used this cycle.

Screenshot_2015-07-23-20-45-54.pngScreenshot_2015-07-23-21-49-18.png

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

And, obviously from the screenshots, Verizon DOES use data with Data OFF.  Very little though.

0 Likes
Dustin001
Contributor - Level 1

Well I am lucky I am able to work around the 1GB as I am fortunate for the most part to have access to Wifi most places I go but c'mon 1GB is ridiculous lol but I can't complain to much Verizon's coverage is worth it. Also I didn't know Verizon uses Data even with it being off that has more worried a lil bit.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, you'd have to turn mobile data on to send and receive MMS every time, that's for sure.  I average maybe 3KB a day in Verizon data use with data off.

0 Likes
Dustin001
Contributor - Level 1

Are you on the $45 plan? And yeah I hate how I can't send MMS over Wifi like I was able to with Boost Mobile. I am willing to make some sacrifices though for Verizon's superior coverage.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, I am on the $45.  Boost didn't have WiFi MMS with the LG Volt I had.  I never had service issues.  I just wanted to use my LG G2 off contract.

0 Likes
Dustin001
Contributor - Level 1

Lol its weird I haven't had a Verizon postpaid account since 2007 can't believe its been that long. Time sure does fly. Also I was on Boost Mobile for 5 years and was always able to send MMS over Wifi. It really sucks I can't do the same with Verizon but oh well at least i don't experience anymore drop calls.

Do you like the $45 plan?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

So far, its the same as the $50 loyalty line I had, that had only 1GB data.  I didn't have all the extras that the ME plan has either.  I haven't been on a traditional plan since Unlimited 3G on a Razr Maxx.  $110 a month was a bit much for the 4GB MAX I used.  That was $60 for the talk/text and $30 for data, plus tax and insurance was $6 dollars back then.  A little lower, near $90-100 depending on employer discount percentage.

0 Likes