Why won't my mobile hotspot work?
bazurko_barbie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had Verizon about a year or so now. About a month ago, I bought and switched to an HTC Desire 526. Ever since I switched my number over and activated the phone, my mobile hotspot doesn't work at all. I have mobile hotspot included in my plan, but any and every time I try to turn on or access my mobile hotspot it tells me that I have to subscribe. I've tried just about everything to try getting my hotspot service to work. Afterall, it's included in my plan and I didn't have any problems with using my mobile hotspot on my old device, a 3G Motorola Moto G. Does anyone know anything I can do to fix this issue I'm having with my HTC Desire 526?? Please.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mobile hotspot wont work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bazurko.barbie!
I apologize for the inconvenience, please contact our Pre-Paid team for additional assistance: 888-294-6804 .

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This one I am unsure about.  I have Hotspot on my LG G2, but it was a contract phone.  I haven't had prepaid with Verizon on any other smartphone, BUT the photo below shows no Hotspot in my plan.  However, Hotspot DOES work on my phone, both by using the Verizon app, going to the Network settings screen in the phone, and by use of other apps like FoxFi/PDAnet.

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bazurko.barbie – We want to ensure that hotspot feature is working properly for you. I’m here to help. Typically, when getting the message to subscribe to mobile hotspot it means the feature is not active on your account or it can be included but has a blocked feature preventing access. When on a More Everything plan of 3GBs or lower the block feature will often auto add at the time of an equipment change because those are lower data plans. Which plan are you currently on (as it appears on your bill)?

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

OP states, according to space posted in, that they are on Prepaid.

bazurko_barbie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just recently upgraded my phone and my plan from $45, 3G. To 4G LTE, $60 monthly, prepaid.

I never had any problems with my 3G plan or services. So I need to know why I have problems using my mobile hotspot ever since ove upgraded everything and what actions I need to take in order for the issue to be resolved??

It's included in my prepaid plan. My bill has always been paid in full and on time. I even have more than enough funds in my, my Verizon mobile. There's absolutely no reason I should be having any issues. it's become very frustrating for me to not be able to use the services that are "provided" to me in my prepaid plan. So is there anything you can do to help me with this problem please?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I noticed today that the $60 plan has 3GB now in my My Verizon instead of 2.5GB. I wonder if that's 4GB on auto pay.  Plan states in the app hotspot is included, but not online.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bazurko.barbie!
I apologize for the inconvenience, please contact our Pre-Paid team for additional assistance: 888-294-6804 .

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bazurko_barbie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've doubled and tripled checked online and in the app aswell. Even the original box for my phone stats that it's included. I make sure that I always have data too. So I know that can't be the issue either..

As for Verizon, I'm very disappointed that you don't have a direct and upfront answer or resolution for me and the issues I'm having with your product and services.. How can I be certain that when I call, I'm not going to get the same answer that was just provided to me??

0 Likes
bazurko_barbie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know that I can't be the first or only person with or who's had this issue/problem?? Which leads me to my next question... I've already done my part by contacting you by email on the full Verizon site, which I never received a response for. and now I'm contacting you guys through here n still stuck in the same spot

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Verizon doesn't have an email address.

0 Likes