Will there be a fee for switching prepaid devices?
lmartha80

I currently have a prepaid Samsung Illusion with a bent charging prong which will not allow it to hold a charge (even after shelling out for a charging cradle and too many charging cables to count) at all. I have had the phone for just under a year and the same # for nearly 4 yrs. I have a working flip phone will there be a fee to transfer my airtime to the basic phone as I would only use it for about a week as I am going contract when my SSI comes in. Hope you can be of help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: switching airtime from broken smartphone to basic flip phone is there a fee
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lmartha80,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that your current device is no longer accepting a charge. It is never a good thing to hear about a device breaking. In regards to making a change in devices, there may be a fee due to the different plan options for both phones. To confirm if any fee exist it would be best to contact the prepaid department at (888) 294-6804. I am sure they can provide you all information you are looking for.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: switching airtime from broken smartphone to basic flip phone is there a fee
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lmartha80,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that your current device is no longer accepting a charge. It is never a good thing to hear about a device breaking. In regards to making a change in devices, there may be a fee due to the different plan options for both phones. To confirm if any fee exist it would be best to contact the prepaid department at (888) 294-6804. I am sure they can provide you all information you are looking for.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes