activating my iphone for first time
hsa77

I bought a prepaid sim card from best buy today and tried to activate my device online it said the service is out and call a number (888) 294-6804.
i called a number first the options is confusing then asked for my phone number which i dont have cause its not activated yet and thats whole reason i called after long time wait it said go online or dial *22898.

when i dialed it said this number is not allowed.in addition to that I also called (800) 922-0204 as it is suggested by iphone to call and activate the phone.

Any suggestion how I can activate my device and choose my plan.

Device is Iphone 5s and when i enter the id number online on verizon it says it can be activated and when i choose area code it just goes out of services.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: activating my iphone for first time
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Prepay is tricky. Is it a verizon prepay card?

0 Likes
hsa77

No its actually verizon prepaid sim card , best buy person said i need to activate phone and choose a plan. like when i put the sim card in device verizon name shows with 0 anthena and message come i need to activate iphone and gives me a number to call and rest of the story is written already

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Well the *22899 isn't going to work since it's a 4g device. I would try to call prepay again but they may be closed now, call from a different phone. First try to remove then readd the sim.

0 Likes
hsa77

I did re ad and remove. turned off phone and turned on. I called the prepaid so many times they direct me to the *22898 and online. Literally their message says If you bought sim card from walmart, target, best buy or any other retailer please go online or call *22898 to activate.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Did you go here:  Verizon Wireless - Prepay Activation  Page works for me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of ensuring you are able to activate your phone successfully hsa77. I regret to inform, we do not have access to Pre-Pay accounts. However, we want to ensure your phone is activated successfully. For further assistance, please contact our Pre-Paid Customer Service Team at 888-294-6804.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hsa77

I tried its says : 

close

We apologize for the inconvenience

We're sorry - we're currently unable to process your request. Please try again later or call Customer Service at (888) 294-6804.

Close this window

0 Likes
hsa77

It would be great assistance if you help me with phone options. Cause it asks for phone number that i dont have whole purpose of me being there is that and then it says dail *22898 or go online. Which neither works.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to learn of the trouble you're having getting your prepaid device activated hsa77. I can definitely provide you with some additional options of getting this achieved. You can activate a device you already have via this link: http://vz.to/1MwCFPm or you can click on the live Chat Now button to reach a prepaid representative here:  http://vz.to/1Io83wt The Chat Now option will appear at the top right of the screen just after the page fully loads.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes