do you have to change sim card when you switch from contract to prepaid?
bontika

Just want to know if a sim card change is required when switching from contract to prepaid?  also, can you keep your number?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: do you have to change sim card when you switch from contract to prepaid?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is important information and we want you to have it. Yes, you will need a new SIM card. You will want to contact our Prepaid department as suggested previously to start the process: 888-294-6804.

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can definitely keep your number. I'm not sure about the SIM card question though. I would suggest that you call the prepaid customer service number at 1.888.294.6804 to get assistance with transferring your account from postpaid to prepaid. You should verify that you are out of contract and don't have any device payment agreements active before you switch your account type.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is important information and we want you to have it. Yes, you will need a new SIM card. You will want to contact our Prepaid department as suggested previously to start the process: 888-294-6804.

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes