donate unused prepaid balance
javed2014

I have been donating my unused VZ prepaid balance in the past to charity. It seems this year VZ has a new zip code verification process before you can donate via your mobile phone. The additional verification is a good thing but the process doesn't include prepaid customers which already have a zip code on record.

Even though I double checked my zip code on record and resubmit the zip code for the verification message. VZ refused to verify the zip. I checked with the charities and the mobilegiving.org, the company that handles the SMS charge transactions between VZ and charities. They told me they didn't put any restriction and the process is all imposed by VZ.

To balance between security and convenience, can VZ allow mobile giving for customers with a zip code on record?

It is a season of giving. I hope VZ people can put a little effort to expand the circle of giving for those in needs.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: donate unused prepaid balance
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

javed2014, that is a nice thing to do. I will have to check this out myself. I want to make sure that you are able to get this taken care of right away. Unfortunately, I don't have access to any of the prepaid accounts or information. You can always double check with your prepaid team to see if there is anything that has changed. You can call them at 888-294-6804 select option 4,6, and then 4. I hope that is helpful information for you. I hope you have a wonderful day.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: donate unused prepaid balance
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

javed2014, that is a nice thing to do. I will have to check this out myself. I want to make sure that you are able to get this taken care of right away. Unfortunately, I don't have access to any of the prepaid accounts or information. You can always double check with your prepaid team to see if there is anything that has changed. You can call them at 888-294-6804 select option 4,6, and then 4. I hope that is helpful information for you. I hope you have a wonderful day.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes