end of contract
lhunter58
Enthusiast - Level 2

my contract is up and would like to switch to prepaid or pay as you go.  just wondering if i can do that with my thunderbolt.  i prefer not to buy a new phone but will if i have to. the prepaid service is so much cheaper than what I'm currently paying

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: end of contract
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 4G LTE phones aren't eligible for the prepaid options. You would have to get a 3G only phone and select from the prepaid smartphone monthly plans. Which those plans were almost as much as I pay now for my single postpaid line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lhunter58
Enthusiast - Level 2

since i really don't need internet on my phone i may just go with another provider then.  through virgin or boost its 35. unlimited everything

bearone21
Legend

it's cheap for a reason.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon lhunter58!

You raise a great question here. And switching to prepaid is easy so we'll be sure to get you all the proper information you need.

As a fellow poster advised, 4G LTE devices are not eligible with our prepaid plans. You can however check out our lineup & plans at http://vz.to/T2PvGR .

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
amhogan2

I have an iPhone and my contract ended on Friday 6/7/13 and I am now on a prepaid plan as of today.  When I switched I told them that I am using the same phone and phone number.  The only problem I am having is my visual voicemail.  I can't seem to get it to work. Does anybody know about that?

0 Likes
mmvzn

Visual Voicemail won't work on Verizon on the prepaid plan, despite what Verizon may tell you before you make your non-refundable payment.

I've been down this road just ahead of you. The rep in the store said it would work, the Verizon website chat person said it would work, the 1st phone call to a rep couldn't even turn on regular voicemail. The 2nd phone call to support managed to turn on regular voicemail. The 3rd phone call to support said that visual voicemail isn't supported (though that was after they gave me all the instructions on how to use visual voicemail). Then I went back to the store and they said that visual voicemail doesn't work on any prepaid plans.  Oh, and no, sorry, they can't refund any of that month's plan if I port to another provider, and, no, there are no month to month plans at that price.

Really really disappointed with Verizon. I hope your experience is better.

0 Likes