i just upgraded from prepaid/basic phone to prepaid/smart phone. when my phone arrives in the mail, can i immediately switch my old number to it, or do i have to wait for my basic plan to expire?
bartlettmagic
Enthusiast - Level 1

i just ordered a prepaid smartphone (moto e), and am upgrading from prepaid basic.  can i immediately switch my old number to my new phone when i receive it in the mail? or do i have to wait until my basic plan expires before i can move my number?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: i just upgraded from prepaid/basic phone to prepaid/smart phone. when my phone arrives in the mail, can i immediately switch my old number to it, or do i have to wait for my basic plan to expire?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bartlettmagic,

You asked a wonderful question.  You do need to make sure our system has made the device ID change from the basic phone to the smart phone.  You can contact our pre pay team at 1-888-294-6804 for further assistance.

EmmaM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes