ipad mini Verizon tethering with $20 prepaid data plan
ogdensburg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm going to buy an iPad min Verizon and use the $20/month (for 1gb) PREPAID data plan, I also want use the tethering function to share this data with my laptop . Can anybody here confirm if it works?

I called Verizon and they said the tethering (personal hot spot) function is only available if you pay the $30  (for 2gb) or higher prepaid plan.

Thanks very much if someone who's using ipad verison 3g can help me on that.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ipad mini Verizon tethering with $20 prepaid data plan
ogdensburg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Let answer this question myself. YES it does have hotspot enabled for the $20 ipad prepaid plan.

I contacted 5 different rep in Verizon and get 5 different answers. So I go ahead and subscribe the $20/month prepaid plan for my iPad mini. Guess what? IT DOES HAVE THE PERSONAL HOTSPOT feature enabled.  There only one agent from Verizon told me the right answer :"All Verizon iPad/ Android Pad have this hotspot feature enabled in ANY prepaid DATAPLAN." At least I can confirm all iPad prepaid has it since other 2 people told me his/her iPad2/iPad3 has hotspot and they're using the cheapest $20 for 1g prepaid too.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jacobweber2000
Contributor - Level 2

I think that is correct, unless you are on the share everything plan, and you add this device to your existing plan.

0 Likes
ogdensburg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Let answer this question myself. YES it does have hotspot enabled for the $20 ipad prepaid plan.

I contacted 5 different rep in Verizon and get 5 different answers. So I go ahead and subscribe the $20/month prepaid plan for my iPad mini. Guess what? IT DOES HAVE THE PERSONAL HOTSPOT feature enabled.  There only one agent from Verizon told me the right answer :"All Verizon iPad/ Android Pad have this hotspot feature enabled in ANY prepaid DATAPLAN." At least I can confirm all iPad prepaid has it since other 2 people told me his/her iPad2/iPad3 has hotspot and they're using the cheapest $20 for 1g prepaid too.

0 Likes