is samsung galaxy s6 edge unlocked?
Purplevixen81

I purchased a prepaid samsung galaxy s6 edge on amazon, and can't remember if it stated if it was unlocked or not. Can anyone tell me if these phones come unlocked? Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: is samsung galaxy s6 edge unlocked?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Prepaid phones have to activated on the Verizon Wireless network for a certain period of time before they can be unlocked. Device Unlocking Policies | About Verizon

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Chilafoux

They will tell you after 6 months that it will automatically be able to use other sim cards to connect to other carriers. The truth is that it's a year or they will tell you that you have to pay $75 to get the unlock code. And this reason for this is cause that's the reason "the pre paid phones are so inexpensive "  lol... My thoughts and research always told me that once you "BOUGHT" a device it's yours, therefore they will give you the unlock code. Which for those that dont know it's needed when you put a different companies sim card in a phone. That's where the saying "carrier locked device" comes from

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Purplevixen81. Help is here for all of your prepaid needs. Congratulations on the new phone. I do hope you are enjoying your new Samsung device. Let's get started. Ann154 is correct as our prepaid devices must be activated on our network before it can be "unlocked" for use with our postpaid services or a different provider. Please see the link she provided, which is also listed below, for our Device Unlock Policy. 

http://spr.ly/6586DtoBQ

Natasha_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes