Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
minutes
iamroyalty

hi, when i get ready to use my samsung trance on a pre pay account will i be able to keep the minutes that are already on the phone??????????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: minutes
Lee-Lee
Novice

I am not understanding exactly what you mean on this post. If you can please be more elaborate on your inquiry.

0 Likes
iamroyalty

hi, i have a smsung trance phone that already has minutes on it. will i be able to use those minutes ? when i get the trance phone swiched over to pre pay?  or will i loose the minutes that are already on the phone?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Is the phone currently on a pre-paid account?  You said "switch over to a pre-pay" - is it currently on a post paid account?  If it is, then  there are no "minutes" on the phone - the minutes belong to the account holder and the plan the phone is on.  If it is switched to a pre-paid phone, then it is no longer part of the post-paid account so there are no minutes "on the phone".

If it's currently on a pre-paid account in someone else's name, and you are changing it to your name, then I'm not sure how that would work - perhaps calling the pre-paid customer service would answer that? (800)-294-6804.

0 Likes
iamroyalty

right now it is on a post pay account, i need to switch it to pre pay.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

iamroyalty wrote:

right now it is on a post pay account, i need to switch it to pre pay.

OK- then there are no "minutes" to use - the minutes are part of the family plan shared minutes when the phone is active on that plan.

When you switch it and activate it on your pre-paid plan, then you have available only the minutes you purchase....the phone would no longer be part of the family plan and there are no minutes attached to it.

0 Likes