prepaid refill pin question
northwoodsmobile

Is it legal/ok to purchase a prepaid refill pin from a place like callingmart.com or someone who does not charge taxes or fees?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: prepaid refill pin question
northwoodsmobile

Thought I would try asking this question another time in another way, hoping to hear from someone.

Does anyone know if it is ok to purchase refill pins from places like callingmart or from others who are selling them where they are not adding taxes and fees.  I am planning on paying the taxes and fees if it's legal to purchase and use these pins.  In fact, I have submitted a question regarding how to do that to our state use-tax folks.  Haven't heard from anyone yet.  An official word on from the Verizon perspective would be helpful.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: prepaid refill pin question
simpleminds

Yes it is legal to purchase your refill from a discount site like airtimeclub or callingmart. Sales taxes are governed by state laws. Businesses who operate in your state (like Verizon) have to collect the sales taxes on online sales while those that don't operate there (like callingmart) may not. You are supposed to pay the taxes yourself though (technically called "use taxes" when the customer pays them) because the company isn't collecting and paying them for you.

0 Likes