stored voicemails
2358MOT

If I change from a contract to prepaid with new phone will I lose my stored voicemails?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: stored voicemails
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

2358MOT, we understand the importance of prepaid if it fits your lifestyle better. Thanks for reaching out. Just for confirmation, are you still keeping your mobile # and transferring that over to prepaid as well?

JoeyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
2358MOT

Thank you for your reply.Yes I definitely want to keep my phone number.I have bought a moto e4 phone and $40 prepaid card from Walmart.Will this all work ok?Who/where do I contact to get setup if it"s alright.Thanks again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

2358MOT, ensuring that you're able to keep your current mobile number when switching to prepay service is vitally important. I also want to make sure we're setting the right expectations for you. You've referenced having purchased a $40 Prepaid cared from Wal-Mart and a Motorola Mot e4 Smartphone. Congratulations to you!

Wal-Mart is one of our many indirect agent partners. They also offers their own prepay service called Straight Talk. Are you looking to activate prepay service with Wal-Mart's Straight Talk option or with Verizon's prepay service?

I've also noted your reference to having purchased a Moto e4 Smartphone. If you're opting to activate prepay service for your new device with Verizon Wireless, it's important that your device is compatible with our network. You can quickly check your phone's Device ID/IMEI numbers from the device by following these steps:

1.  From a Home screen, swipe up to access all apps.
2.  Navigate: Settings Settings icon > About phone.

3.  Tap Status.
4.  Tap IMEI information.
5.  View the IMEI.

Once you're able to view your mobile phone's Device ID/IMEI numbers, you can check your device's compatibility with our network by accessing our Bring Your Own Phone/Device website at: https://www.verizonwireless.com/bring-your-own-device/.

Once you've accessed the website please choose the "I have Verizon" option to proceed. I hope this is beneficial. 

RobertC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
2358MOT

Thanks for the reply.Yes I want to stay with Verizon.The Moto e4 phone is a Verizon phone from Walmart as is the $40 prepaid card a Verizon card.I just want to switch to Verizon prepaid and upgrade to a smartphone.So keeping my current number won't be a problem?And will stored voicemails come along with old number?Thank you for your time.Also any special things to know when switching and activating new system.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would recommend calling our prepaid experts. They will be able to help guide you through the process of migrating to a prepaid account while keeping your phone number.

888-294-6804

NoahS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes