switch plan to prepaid
robbies

how do i switch a phone from a plan to prepaid?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: switch plan to prepaid
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi robbies,

I understand that some customers feel more comfortable with a prepay account. As circastreep indicated (thank you!), this is possible. When you are ready to switch from postpay to prepay please call 800-922-0204 and our representative will first check if your wireless number is eligible to be ported to a prepay account. If not eligible to be ported to a prepay account you can always get a new number for your prepay account.

Please note that if your current contract has not been completed you will incur an Early Termination Fee based on the time remaining on your contract and our representative will be able to determine the exact amount when you call.

AntonioC_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

circastreep

I had a friend wanting to go from his Droid device to a prepaid plan and all he did was call into customer service and he told them he wanted to go from his smartphone to a prepaid plan and they told him they would disconnect the line from the plan he was on and have him speak with the people that handle prepaid plans. He didn't tell me if he had to pay an ETF or not though.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi robbies,

I understand that some customers feel more comfortable with a prepay account. As circastreep indicated (thank you!), this is possible. When you are ready to switch from postpay to prepay please call 800-922-0204 and our representative will first check if your wireless number is eligible to be ported to a prepay account. If not eligible to be ported to a prepay account you can always get a new number for your prepay account.

Please note that if your current contract has not been completed you will incur an Early Termination Fee based on the time remaining on your contract and our representative will be able to determine the exact amount when you call.

AntonioC_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

neljmar

Switch to prepaid    bad advertisement from Samsung and verizon

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes