switching prepaid unlimited plan from current device (gusto) to a iphone4 without losing current paid minutes
joec2014

I currently have my samsung gusto on the unlimited plan, that i just refilled last week. But i just purchased an iphone 4. I would like to transfer my number and current minutes to this new phone. but when i try to do it i am told that i will forfeit any unused bonus in account. Does that mean I will lose what is left of my current prepaid month? Even though it is the same plan needed for a smartphone, just has a different name?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: switching prepaid unlimited plan from current device (gusto) to a iphone4 without losing current paid minutes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A prepaid basic phone plan is not compatible with a smartphone like the iPhone 4. You will be required to switch to one of the available prepaid smartphone plans to activate the iPhone 4. You should also call the prepaid customer service number and verify if they can transfer any remaining balance from your current account to the new plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: switching prepaid unlimited plan from current device (gusto) to a iphone4 without losing current paid minutes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A prepaid basic phone plan is not compatible with a smartphone like the iPhone 4. You will be required to switch to one of the available prepaid smartphone plans to activate the iPhone 4. You should also call the prepaid customer service number and verify if they can transfer any remaining balance from your current account to the new plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
paulahartphillips
Enthusiast - Level 1

so, do you get to still use the current plan for the remaining time of the prepaid month if you order a new phone online and pay the additional $45 for the allset plan?

0 Likes