two phones, one prepaid account? possible?
JOEBAB27

We are currently on a non-contract plan with US Cellular and want to move to Verizon prepaid phones and keep our old numbers.  I have checked and our numbers are portable.  Will we need to sign up for 2 individual prepaid plans or can we combine 2 phones onto one prepaid account?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: two phones, one prepaid account?  possible?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Prepaid accounts are for one line each. Have you looked at the postpaid plan options to see if those work for your budget? If your phones are compatible with the Verizon Wireless network, you could activate them on a postpaid account for two lines as non-contract (month to month contract).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Prepaid accounts are for one line each. Have you looked at the postpaid plan options to see if those work for your budget? If your phones are compatible with the Verizon Wireless network, you could activate them on a postpaid account for two lines as non-contract (month to month contract).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JOEBAB27

I didn't know there was such a thing as postpaid plans.  Anyhow we need new phones. 

0 Likes
Re: two phones, one prepaid account? possible?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOEBAB27, you have received great information. I just want to make sure we have a clear understanding. Postpaid accounts are normal accounts where you pay a bill and enter into device payment agreements for your devices unless buying them at the full retail price. If this interests you please contact our telesales department at (800) 256-4646. With our prepaid service each line has to be on it's own account. If you are fine with that you can start service by following the steps here > http://vz.to/2fIeJ1U

Please let us know if this helps.

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JOEBAB27

Well, it answers my question and it doesn't really.  I continue to be frustrated with these plans that seem like I'm talking to a used car salesman.  I don't understand why it should cost more for me to go to a Verizon store and get two phones on some king of plan and have it cost more than it would having two separate phones prepaid.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOEBAB27,

We apologize for any confusion. There are several differences between prepaid and postpaid service accounts. Postpaid accounts have larger service areas, international service access, more support options, available lines of credit for high end devices & accessories, additional network features and much more. If you have been pleased with using the prepaid services, there is no need to change. I hope this information helps to explain the differences.

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
StevenA6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Under the Prepaid Family Plans section of the Verizon Wireless website, it says that there can be up to 10 lines on the Prepaid Family Plan.  I am assuming that the account owner would be line 1 and then lines 2-10 would fall under the plan.  It doesn't say anything that each line has its own account. Could you please provide documentation showing a separate account for each line?  Does that mean each line will get its own separate bill?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those are great questions! When a Prepaid Famiy Account is created it falls under the umbrella of the Owner's Account. They're the primary person with access to each line. Each device on a Family Account can have its own plan. When it's time to add funds, the Account Owner will add all the funds needed for their lines. Our system will this disperse those funds to each line on the account. This is why Prepaid Accounts do not have billing statements. Let us know if you have any further questions. MeganS_VZW

0 Likes