Re: use any verizon phone for prepaid
FantaShaG
Enthusiast - Level 1

thanks

0 Likes
LisaLS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have heard it's possible to use a Samsung Galaxy S3 with the prepaid plan as long as the LTE/4G is switched off...is this true?  I am really unimpressed with your selection of phones for the prepaid plan and the fact that they are way overpriced at that. I have access to a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 and I really like it. Would love to be able to use your prepaid plan with it.

ttipgem
Master - Level 1

No.  You cannot use any 4G phone on Verizon prepaid.

0 Likes
Smooth357
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will 4g smartphones be available?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Smooth357 wrote:

When will 4g smartphones be available?

I doubt it won't happen until they have switched to VoLTE for their voice services and have started refarming the 1xRTT and 3G spectrum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rheiges
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann, Verizon is advertising ALLSET 4G LTE availability:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/4g-smartphone-plans/

What we do not know are any undocumented restrictions currently attached to the plan.  Just today I was turned down on bringing my Moto Droid Bionic to ALLSET.  This plan may be so new that tech hasn't caught up to marketing -- but it certainly is a way to frustrate long term VZW subscribers, promising something they have been looking for but not being able to deliver.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, 4G LTE was added on July 17th of 2014. This was 10 days after I wrote that post. The information was my best guess as a customer as THAT time. No more no less.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

rheiges wrote:

Ann, Verizon is advertising ALLSET 4G LTE availability:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/4g-smartphone-plans/

What we do not know are any undocumented restrictions currently attached to the plan.  Just today I was turned down on bringing my Moto Droid Bionic to ALLSET.  This plan may be so new that tech hasn't caught up to marketing -- but it certainly is a way to frustrate long term VZW subscribers, promising something they have been looking for but not being able to deliver.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe there is an issue with your phone? Did you buy it used off of ebay? Maybe it was reported stolen. No one is trying to force you to by a new phone. And if you really think that is the case then go with another carrier. Simple.

0 Likes
rheiges
Enthusiast - Level 3

mrhelpe" wrote: "Did it ever occur to you that maybe there is an issue with your phone?"

That is a rather condescending and (IMHO) unnecessary response.  Of course I know there is a problem with my phone and I was trying to find out what it is.  Absent a VZW response, the best way I knew to do that is to find out if others have experienced the same problem.  I have been a multi-line, multi-account VZW voice and data customer for 11 years so I did not need for anyone to tell me how great the company is and if I don't like it I should go somewhere else.  Perhaps you can explain to me why there would be an issue with the prepaid plan but no problem putting it on an expensive "More Everything" plan with fixed data?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the delay in reply rheiges. We know it's important to have reliable service with your Prepaid service and we can definitely point you in the right direction to get to the bottom of this. Please contact our Prepaid team at 888-294-6804 for assistance.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport