i recently downgraded from a new smartphone to my old smartphone because i was tired of the bloatware and shoddy manufacturing, it serves me well and i mainly use wifi on it, however, the insane $100+ bill even with my 15% veteran discount is not worth it at all.
i am looking to get the samsung intensity III with unlimited monthly prepaid
i have some questions
fine print on a verizon flyer i received, with questions underneath:
UNLIMITED TALK: Unlimited Talk for CONUS calls... only with other verizon customers.
- this means exactly what it says, right?
- for non-verizon customers, calling them incurs a fee?
- what is the fee?
- can i set up internationa calling feature? if so, this is useless for me, i only call my girlfriend who lives in ireland, and setting up international calling feature would defeat the point of pre-paying, right?
UNLIMITED WEB: Unlimited Web is Mobile Web and does not provide full Web browsing.
- can i not browse the internet freely? what does this mean?
- does this mean i cannot browse the internet, only certain websites?
- is there a fee for browsing the internet like i would do on a PC?
UNLIMITED TEXTING: All form of text messages between you and VERIZON customers or 'participating non-verizon networks' in CANADA, US, PUERTO RICO, also text messages recieved/sent via email.
- i cannot text people in ireland, or other networks, without incurring a fee, what is this fee? or does every message incur a fee?
- what are these participating networks?
UNLIMITED TALK DAILY PLAN TEXTING RATE = 2¢ per message sent per recipient.
- what network is this recipient using?
- 2¢ for verizon-to-verizon texting?
- 2¢ for verizon-to-non-verizon texting?
- how many messages can i sent daily?
- is this 2¢ fee a flat-rate and will never increase with an increase in texting?
PREMIUM + INTERNATIONAL messaging not included.
- do i have to add international texting for a fee? what is this fee?
- or is there an additional charge for texting internationally? what is the increase for an international text -vs- a standard CONUS text?
- is there an increased price for texting pictures internationally?
UP TO 35$ ACTIVATION/UPGRADE FEE/LINE; OTHER CHARGES AND RESTRICTIONS APPLY.
- i understand i will be charged 35$ outright just to get hooked up with prepaid, whatever, that is how verizon works.
- what are these other charges and restrictions?
ROAMING: 20¢ PER MINUTE
- what is defined as roaming? using another network when verizon is unavailable?
- can i disable roaming on the device i plan on getting?
-ALL OF THESE FEES MEAN, BASICALLY, I INCUR FEES AND CHARGES THROUGHOUT THE MONTH?
-THEN WHAT AM I PREPAYING FOR?
-DO I HAVE TO RE-PAY TO COVER ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS THAT I INCUR, OR ELSE I WILL BE CHARGED EVEN MORE?
sorry, but i could not find a verizon online chat/help webpage, so i am throwing all of my questions here.
this unlimited plan seems useless and fraudulent.