How do I upgrade to a smartphone on a prepaid plan?
symphonia17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently have a $50 basic prepaid phone and I'd like to upgrade to the 50$ prepaid smartphone plan in a couple of weeks. How do I go about changing my plan from prepaid basic to prepaid smartphone?  Also, I want to keep my existing number and account information.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Prepaid Basic to smartphone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

symphonia17, our store representatives would be happy to assist you with switching to one of our smartphones. Hope you enjoy your new smartphone.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smitty23521
Contributor - Level 1

A Verizon store or prepaid department can change your plan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Symphonia17. How exciting to move from a basic phone to a smartphone! In order to ensure you are able to keep your number when switching your phone, you can contact our Prepaid department at 888-294-6804.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

symphonia17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm planning on going to a Verizon Wireless Store to purchase my phone.  Can they switch my number there? And also, will I be able to purchase the 50$ smartphone plan at Verizon store?

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

symphonia17, our store representatives would be happy to assist you with switching to one of our smartphones. Hope you enjoy your new smartphone.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
afarrer89

I was going to do this too, switch from a basic prepaid plan to get the iPhone 4 on the $50 smartphone plan, but do you have to call the department phone number before you purchase the phone, or after you have ordered it online and are activating it?

0 Likes
symphonia17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not sure, but I'd assume you'd call when you're about to activate it. You'd probably want to call the prepaid department ahead of time to confirm though. I'm not ordering my phone online, I'm going to a Verizon store tomorrow to purchase the phone and get help switching my number and such over.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

afarrer89- We are glad to hear you are interested in activating new service. Please reachout to our sales team for specific details at 800-256-4646

0 Likes