I'm guessing that its gives you the opportunity to cancel the call if you don't want to pay for roaming, have you tried walking away from the area sometimes it could be interference from a building or trees, try walking around if that doesn't work I think its 25 cents for the roaming charge. I've been lucky and never had a problem with roaming.
Thank you, Minniehaha for your response. I would like to add to that if I may. Prepaid service requires Two-Stage Dialing, for the reason already mentioned, as well as for security purposes. When roaming, the number being dialed does have to be entered again. Below are some additional facts about international roaming with prepaid service.
- Customer Service can be reached toll-free by dialing 611 or 888-294-6804.
- To check Voice Mail while roaming, dial your ten-digit Prepaid wireless number (roaming charges apply).
- Anytime Minutes, Unlimited Calling, Unlimited Mobile to Mobile, Night and Weekend minutes do not apply while roaming.
- Data services and features are not available while roaming.
- In order to ensure the best experience when roaming, it is important that you dial *228 from within the Prepaid Rate and Coverage area, and then select option 2 to update your roaming capabilities.
I have a problem with my accolade prepaid roaming. I am roaming up in the golden state cell area and I cannot make out going calls, I have good bars and I get incoming calls. when I call out I get a message (Welcome to Verizon wireless your call cannot be completed as dialed please check the number and dial again 4648-1) I called 888-294-6804 on a land line and they were no help. I don't use the phone much but it worked when I made a roaming call back in 2011.