Prepaid Phone activating.
GLGBLUES

I bought a used Samsung for grandson.  When I went to activate on an existing line, Verizon said I needed a new Sim card.  Went to Verizon corporate store to get a new sim card.  I was told that since the phone was a prepaid phone (which I didn't know when I bought it) I would have to pay for a prepaid card for 6 months before activating.  Very upset that I couldn't activate the phone. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Prepaid Phone activating.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you know if this phone was originally a "phone in a package" type? That would explain the 6 month prepaid activation waiting period.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Prepaid Phone activating.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GLGBLUES,

Having a working phone is important, so let's get some more information on this. It is correct that a prepaid phone needs to be active for at least 6 months before it can be used as a postpay device, but you also mentioned you purchased this used. Have you gone back to the person that sold it to you since finding out it will not do what you need?

RussellM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes