If you have purchased the 500MB plan, it will be available for use for 90 days. After that your account will show an expired status. The expired status will remain on your account for 30 days, if you add more usage to your account in the 30 days there will not be an activation fee. However, if you do not purchase more usage for your account after the account is expired for 30 days then it will be disconnected. Once the account is disconnected you will have to pay another activation fee.
To purchase more usage follow these steps.
- Ensure you are using the latest version of VZAccess Manager. Visit VZAccess Manager's websiteto download the newest software.
- If using an older version of VZAccess Manager, you may encounter errors trying to connect. If this occurs, settings in specific versions of VZAccess Manager may need to be changed.
- In VZAccess Manager, select Tools.
- Select Preferences.
- Click on the Get Access tab.
- Select Prepaid Mobile Broadband or Trial Service.
- Click OK.
- Run VZAccess Manager and follow screen prompts for activation.
- Complete the Account Information & Billing Address fields.
- For payment, select Pay with Credit Card or Pay with Verizon Wireless Gift Card, DayPass Card or account balance.
- Enter your Credit Card information or Gift Card/DayPass Card Number and PIN from the back of your DayPass card. Click Submit.
- Click Disconnect.
- Close browser.
- Click Start, then VZAccess Manager, then Connect.
Hope this helps!