Re: The mobile hotspot has disappeared; how can it be restored?
BrettEdmonds
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is so backwards and ignorant it is ridiculous. I did the same thing and changed to the 70 dollar plan and when I realize I lost my hotspot I try to call and go back and guess what “you can only change your plan” once a month.

i am sitting here messed up until next month comes around and I can watch anything again unless it’s on my small iPhone screen.

verizon you are a scam and a joke and nobody will ever change my mind on this. Straight crooks who do not care about customers at all.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BrettEdmonds, correct me if I'm wrong, but you changed your plan and that makes us crooks? I would be happy to see what we can do to help you out. I'll send you a private note here in this forum. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
DL0617
Enthusiast - Level 1

This just happened to me too and I'm a new customer.  One week I had hotspot, and then it was gone.  Most of the answers are missing the point of the question.  Yes, the Start Unlimited plan doesn't include hotspot.  However, the question is why did we have hotspot and then have it taken away?  I was told by the salesperson that the $70 plan did include hotspot because I specifically told him that I had to have it.  

So, I still have the question - why did hotspot get removed?  I went ahead and paid $10 a month for an upgraded unlimited plan

atomicchuckle
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is absolutely insane. I don't care if this was or wasn't in your contract when I signed it. The fact that you don't have the option to add because you have an unlimited plan is preposterous. As soon as this contract is over, I will be switching companies unless this garbage is fixed. I'd prefer to be back on my last provider and they were TERRIBLE, but I will not tolerate this kind of lack of customer appreciation and available services. 

Kimbo8867
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not true. I have the unlimited plan- no hot spot. I had one thru Apple but since Verizon “hijacked” my phone it seems to supersede iPhone 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Kimbo8867

I would suggest that you sign into your MyVerizon account online and take a look at the current prepaid unlimited plan option. Verizon Wireless recently added the option to add the mobile hotspot feature for an additional monthly fee to the prepaid unlimited plan. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jtango88
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too was scammed by verizon. They made me switch to the new unlimited plan and said everything will be the same.  Ofc no more hotspot.  

Will be looking into tmobile soon

Deborahpib
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just found this out myself the hard way I think I’m finally after 25 years going to have to shop my cell phone plans out to another carrier. I was never informed the hotspot would be sacrificed if i went to unlimited. why would i pay more for a downgrade

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no. Deborahpib,we would never want to lose your 25-year loyalty. We know how important it is to be on a plan that aligns with your needs, and we'd love to review other options with you right away. We'll be sending you a Private Note to better assist. 

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
oreocookieblues
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm paying for a plan that includes hot spot.. but it disappeared from menu and Verizon is giving me the run-around .....