Unable to receive text messages from Android devices
vistech
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

Last week I switched from postpaid to prepaid family plan with 2 lines. I am unable to receive text messages from my husband (the second line on the account). He has an Android device. He receives my messages. I have an I-Phone 5S and I can still receive messages from other i-phone devices. I was on the phone with Verizon support for 1.5 hours and they just left me holding there after telling me to power down my i-phone. While I was on hold with Ron, I dialed in from another phone and an automated message said that they closed at 11pm ET but Ron left me on hold and it was past 11pm. Can someone from Verizon please help? I already did all the troubleshooting with Ron - reset network settings, power down the phone; checked for latest updates on my phone; checked the user is unblocked. I'm also unable to receive text message from Verizon when I try to get registered on "my verizon" website.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
Re: Unable to receive text messages from Android devices
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to receive messages from the people closest to you. How long has this been going on? When you switched over, did you receive a new sim card? Were you able to receive message from your husband before? 

Nichole_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
clb32409
Enthusiast - Level 2

I assume there was a new sim card in the phone. My iphone 12 does not have the pinhole that opens anything that might house a sim card.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your device does have a SIM tray. Here are the instructions to open it: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-235519/

Place the SIM from the 6s into the iPhone 12. That should activate it. ~Peter

0 Likes