Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Upgrade to 4glte without data
Mjr346
Enthusiast

I have a grandfathered Alltel plan without data that I enjoy that was taken over by Verizon when Alltel was bought out which is a pay per minute rate. Since I don't use the phone much, not looking to upgrade to a data plan. But I am looking at cheap smart phones to continue my Verizon service. I would plan on only using WiFi data as most of the day I am at work in WiFi areas. But know that Verizon will be turning off non 4glte voice service soon.

Wondering if I can buy a smart phone, activate it on the grandfathered plan without needing a data plan or being forced into a higher tiered cellular plan.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade to 4glte without data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It is important that you are able to get a great value from your service with us, Mjr346. depending on the plan type, it may be necessary to change your plan in order to activate a 4G LTE device on it. For Verizon Prepaid plans, in particular, 4G devices have to be activated on a 4G plan. on Postpaid Verizon Wireless accounts, in most circumstances a simple Device ID Swap will normally be all we need to do to activate the device on your line. If you do need to change plans, there is a 0MB plan available on Prepaid, but the $40 5GB Plan will be less expensive with the Autopay Discount and the Loyalty discount, which is $5 after three months and $10 after nine months.

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes