Verizon Dollars Balance Not Showing Anywhere
Chuckpatrick
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got a Verizon VISA card in June and have been earning Verizon Dollars through that (about $400 so far). However, the dollars do not seem to be coming through to the myVerizon app. I have been told by Verizon support that this should be available in Verizon Up under a link named “Use Your Verizon Dollars”. That link is just missing on my version of the app (on both an iPhone and on an iPad).

Anyone else have this issue — or even can someone confirm that the VISA->Verizon Dollars connection works for them?

Labels (1)
  • Plans

27 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We understand your concern and will be happy to help. Have you tried to scroll where it says to Keep Track of It All section? This is located at the bottom of Verizon Up on the My Verizon app or Verizon.com. ~Christian

0 Likes
Chuckpatrick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, there are 3 'buttons' there. I have been told there should be a 4th button "Use Your Verizon Dollars"

This is the same on both the website and the app (iphone and ipad)

Capture.GIF

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you. Could you please clarify if this is regarding a postpaid or prepaid account? If it's postpaid is it personal or business?~Christian

0 Likes
Chuckpatrick
Enthusiast - Level 3

How would I know if it is prepaid or postpaid? 

0 Likes
Chuckpatrick
Enthusiast - Level 3

FYI,  it is a personal account

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. Do you have the Verizon Visa Card app by chance?

-Candice

0 Likes
Chuckpatrick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I do.  When I open it there is a “Redeem Rewards” link that takes me to the Verizon app.  It then says I have $0.00 balance of Verizon Dollars.

0 Likes
Chuckpatrick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there any more detail I can provide to get an answer on this?

0 Likes
NoDollarsForUs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, we've had this problem ever since we got the Verizon Visa Card.  We earn dollars, see it on the credit card bill every month, but they don't appear on our account.  We've got over $300.00 now this year and Verizon appears to refuse to fix the problem.  Twice I've had an agent credit our account but mostly they run you in the same, never ending circle waste of time.  Somehow, they can bill the card we earn the dollars from but are unable or unwilling to apply them to our account.  We only wanted those dollars credited to our Verizon bill.

Twice now, we've had someone tell us they see we don't seem to be connected.  They promise to call you back but NEVER do.  I'm about ready to file a complaint with the state's AG. 

Verizon seems to have a system where you are expected to get frustrated to the point of giving up.   Also, nothing has ever worked on the phone app or web site.  If we get anything (Once in a blue moon it shows) it show $0.00 balance.   And I don't want to work the App- I use the website and get tired of constantly being pointed to a phone App.

We have a credit card, we always pay on time but Verizon will not honor or fix the problem.  This has been ongoing for almost two years now.

Not only should Verizon give us our dollars, we should be credited for the time wasted on something that should not be an issue.  I've actually had reps tell me there are no Verizon dollars.  When I showed him the website and FAQ's, he hung up. 

That this can go on so long says a lot.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please message us directly for assistance. We are always happy to help.

*Carl

0 Likes
NoDollarsForUs
Enthusiast - Level 2

I replied and you are not alone in this.  Verizon has a problem and refuses to acknowledge it.  Instead, they send you in an endless loop of "we can't address this."

Verizon needs to quit sending people in circles back and forth between Verizon customer support and Synchrony Bank customer support.  NOTHING is resolved that way and all the customer service people should know that.

Request a manager or supervisor.  You have to ask for that.  Even then, it depends on who you get if anyone does anything.  You can ask them to apply a credit for your dollars earned.  Actually, they should offer that.  It is not a fix but you should have access to use those dollars as you wish.

Verizon obviously allows other users access to their dollars.  They need to answer why they won't fix the problem so all have access .

FYI, I have found some customer service reps insisting they need to start from scratch on your problem again.  No, they can look at remarks and tell them flat out you've been down this road before and you don't need to retrace the same ineffectual steps again.  Ask for a supervisor.

They may make a ticket.  Get the ticket number.  But in all our efforts to get this fixed, only once has anyone ever actually called back.

Good luck.  You should at least get them to credit your account.  However, future dollars will accrue until Verizon actually fixes the issue- and after a couple years of this they need to get it done.

Chuckpatrick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you, at least I know others have this problem! We’re you able to get it fixed for your account?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chuckpatrick, 

We want to make sure you have access to your Verizon Dollars and can use them. Let's gather a few details. Can you tell me if you are able to view these dollars on your account?

-Jenelle

0 Likes
Chuckpatrick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Janelle. I can see them accruing on the Verizon Visa site, but then they don’t show up anywhere on MyVerizon. My understanding is that they should be at the bottom of the Verizon Up page under the “Keep Track of it All” section — but there is no link to them there

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When you're looking at the "Keep Track of it All" section in your My Verizon, do you see an option for "Use Verizon Dollars"? Clicking on this is what should display your current balance, and some things you can use the dollars towards. *Matthew

0 Likes
Chuckpatrick
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, that option does not appear — here is a screen shot. That seems to be the issue. Why would it not be showing for me?Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 8.13.48 AM.png.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! The Verizon Dollars may not show there, but to be sure of how many you have, I can give you the number to Verizon Up and they would be able to let you know. Their number is 855-614-0403. Was this the only reason you reached out for today?

*Lisa

0 Likes
Chuckpatrick
Enthusiast - Level 3

The issue isn’t knowing how many I have — I can determine that already through my Visa statements. The issue is getting access to them so I can redeem them.  I can;t do that if there is no button to access them

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To clarify, are you attempting to access this through your Verizon Visa dashboard or through your Verizon Up rewards?

*Gavin

0 Likes
Chuckpatrick
Enthusiast - Level 3

The screen shot I provided was from the Verizon Up page - I was told that’s where I could access them. But I don’t really care where I need to go to access and use them — just tell me where that is!

0 Likes