Why am I told I have "insufficient funds" when sending a text?
RMF_65

I just changed from a $50/mo unlimited pre-pay (which expired a couple of days ago) to $35 500MIN/UNL TXT/500MB pre-pay. Then I applied a $35 pre-pay card on it. However, I never got the text from Verizon saying the funds were applied. My Verizon from computer shows the $35 transaction. The balance says $0.00. I can make and receive calls and receive text messages but I cannot send text messages. Is it not unlimited text as advertised? Did something go wrong with the transaction? Is it possible the $35 card went toward the $50 plan and is now lost?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why "insufficient funds" when sending text?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's not good RMG_65. We definitely want to see you be able to use the services that you requested! We handle post paid services here. When you have a moment, please reach out to our prepaid teammates at: 888-294-6804. They will help get everything all sorted out, and make sure you are on the correct plan; get you texting once again!

Thank you RMF_65. Keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW

VZW Support

Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's not good RMG_65. We definitely want to see you be able to use the services that you requested! We handle post paid services here. When you have a moment, please reach out to our prepaid teammates at: 888-294-6804. They will help get everything all sorted out, and make sure you are on the correct plan; get you texting once again!

Thank you RMF_65. Keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW

VZW Support

Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
csuecc51

Over the past few weeks, I have talked to several Verizon Wireless personnel about the Prepaid Service plans. I did not want to renew my 2 year contract; instead I wanted to sign up for a prepaid plan. I was told several times that this would be a very easy transition and it would not take more than a few minutes on the phone. I was a little hesitant since this would be something new for me. Again, I was ensured several times of how easy this process would be. On March 3, 2014 I contacted Verizon Wireless to cancel my current plan and transfer my existing number to a prepaid plan. I already had a phone that I wanted to use for the prepaid plan. I spoke to someone who canceled my current plan and activated the prepaid plan. I gave him my debit card number and he said that $54.60 would be applied to my prepaid account and this would cover my first month. Next month, I could either go online or call and sign up for the next month.  I gave him my MEID for the Iphone I wanted to use. I called the *228 and the *832 to make sure the phone was programmed and did a test call. The phone worked. When we hung up the phone, my new phone would not work. It will not text, call or anything. Whenever I try to make a phone call, it takes me to the Verizon Wireless Financial Services and asks me to make a payment in order for the phone to work. I spent three hours on March 3rd trying to get this issue resolved. I finally gave up for the night.

On March 4th, I looked at my bank account and the $54.60 had come out. However, when I called Verizon to speak to someone (after sitting on hold for 30 minutes of course and being transferred several times and having to explain the situation over and over) they did not see the credit to my prepaid account. The person I spoke to was named Albert. He saw no record of the $54.60 being applied to my account. I even had an email from Verizon giving me a receipt of the payment to my prepaid account. I gave him the order number on the email several times and he could never pull it up. It was very hard to even understand what he was saying. Basically, I gave my debit card number to someone on March 3rd and the $54.60 came out of my bank account but it was applied to the WRONG Verizon prepaid account. This is just my conclusion; I was unable to interpret what Albert was saying. This left me with NO phone to use. I was told that I would have an answer within 72 hours and that he was filing a credit request form to his manager. A mistake made by a Verizon employee has now become my huge inconvenience. I was told the phone would not work until they correctly credited the $54.60 to my account. I think this should have been credited immediately and then given use of the phone service that I already paid for.  Verizon should have spent their time trying to find where the money was applied originally. This left me with no phone service. My security system is tied to my cell phone number, and I have a commute back and forth to work that I felt very uncomfortable traveling without a cell phone. To say this has been an unpleasant experience is a big understatement. Here I am, waiting on Verizon to find what the issue is. I have spent a total of 5 hours on this issue. (On hold, being transferred between departments several times or trying to interpret what a representative is saying.) I would like for this experience to be made up to me. I don’t know what your options are, but I would like to be compensated or given a discount on a few months of prepaid service after what I have been through. I was told this would be easy and fast. However, mistakes on Verizon’s end have turned this in to a nightmare. I am still waiting on the issue to be resolved. I would like for it to be resolved today.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

csuecc51 we want to make certain that using our Prepay service is a simple process! We truly apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused and we want to do everything we can to help! We have very limited access to Prepay accounts, however our Prepay Team is eagerly waiting to get this resolved quickly for you. Please call 888-294-6804 and a representative will get right to work!

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SLAFOND

I have same problem!  I've had to call Verizon every month since we switched service to prepaid after 10 years on contract.This is now 3 months and I must seriously consider switching to T-MOBILE.  My credit card is charged $60.50 for my phone and $60.50 for my wife's phone every month.  My bank shows the money paid out of my credit card account and I get text messages from Verizon that they have received $60.50 on each phone prepaid account.  Several days later they cut off my phone service. I can't make or receive calls, or text messages or use data.  I called *611 today and after getting a message that my account bal was 0 and that my next payment was due in JUNE, I spoke to a young lady who said her (VERIZON) system showed charges of $60.50 were REFUSED by my bank on 3/17 and 3/22.  Bank shows both charges came out of my account. and credit card balance is almost $1000 under limit on card. She said she would have someone refund the charges????? They didn't get $$ and now offer to REFUND????? 

0 Likes
SLAFOND

Welcome to the world of where's the money!   Any changes in prepaid account or even just signing up with auto bill will mean that you will have this or similar problems every month you are with Verizon.  They can't handle auto bill or prepaid phone deals without having you go to one of their stores to make payments every month.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get the most our of your Prepay service and have the most convenient payment options SLAFOND! I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you have encountered. Please contact Prepay Support directly at 888-294-6804. I apologize, we support post paid accounts here.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@SLAFOND,

Never fear help is here! Please reach out to our prepaid customer service for assistance at 888-294-6804. They will be more than happy to assist.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ANGEL8

I just had that error via text message but realized my family plan settings were the problem.  The setting was for 1 minute usage limit per month. 

0 Likes
DR-8

How did you find and adjust your family plan settings?  I don't see that anywhere in my on-line pre-paid account.

0 Likes