minutes
iamroyalty

hi, when i get ready to use my samsung trance on a pre pay account will i be able to keep the minutes that are already on the phone??????????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: minutes
Lee-Lee
Contributor - Level 3

I am not understanding exactly what you mean on this post. If you can please be more elaborate on your inquiry.

0 Likes
iamroyalty

hi, i have a smsung trance phone that already has minutes on it. will i be able to use those minutes ? when i get the trance phone swiched over to pre pay?  or will i loose the minutes that are already on the phone?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the phone currently on a pre-paid account?  You said "switch over to a pre-pay" - is it currently on a post paid account?  If it is, then  there are no "minutes" on the phone - the minutes belong to the account holder and the plan the phone is on.  If it is switched to a pre-paid phone, then it is no longer part of the post-paid account so there are no minutes "on the phone".

If it's currently on a pre-paid account in someone else's name, and you are changing it to your name, then I'm not sure how that would work - perhaps calling the pre-paid customer service would answer that? (800)-294-6804.

0 Likes
iamroyalty

right now it is on a post pay account, i need to switch it to pre pay.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

iamroyalty wrote:

right now it is on a post pay account, i need to switch it to pre pay.

OK- then there are no "minutes" to use - the minutes are part of the family plan shared minutes when the phone is active on that plan.

When you switch it and activate it on your pre-paid plan, then you have available only the minutes you purchase....the phone would no longer be part of the family plan and there are no minutes attached to it.

0 Likes