Companion App on IOS not pausing internet
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

I will start off by saying I am not an Apple person.

My son saved his money for an Iphone XS. I got the companion app on the phone. I can see his location. When I paused internet from the parent phone to his phone. NOTHING HAPPENS! I do get an error under screen the screen time tab that says fix connection, follow the directions, reopen app install on his Iphone. It says it is up to date. How do I fix this?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Companion App on IOS not pausing internet
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us on Social Media! I can definitely assist you today and see what's going on. I do know how important it is to know the location of a loved one!

To avoid working with multiple agents, let's get you into the Secure Channel. This will ensure we stay together, and work on resolving this concern. Please click the link below, hope to see you soon!
By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:https://www.verizonwireless.com/campaign/smauth

*Angela

0 Likes
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

Called customer service today. Uninstalled all versions of the app. on all phones. Smart Family from parents and Companion from child's phone. Reinstalled just the child phone and 1 parent. I can see my child's location but have 0 control over content. I really don't want my child to be wide open with internet access.

0 Likes
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

Also, none of the content filters are working.

If I log into smart family app on line, under content and filters it asks to fix connection. Send text to phone and  it says I have already joined.

Screen time on parent phone: says fix permissions to update. under view more, Screen time is disabled access permissions on childs device.

Screen time on childs phone: says fix permissions to update. Click that tile and nothing happens

ios SW version 15.5 Companion app version 1.23.4 Iphone XS

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us on Social Media! I'll be happy to take a look into the account, to see what's going on. How does that sound?

*Angela

0 Likes