Re: Family Base Issues.. FRUSTRATED
cher5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Have added this feature but it is showing the activity/contacts as no activity for any of my children.  Keeps saying "no activity yet" check back soon.  How long after adding this feature should I start seeing activity or at least showing something?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a great feature, cher5. Thanks for giving it a try! It should work within a few minutes of the service being added. Are you accessing the Family Base services through the Family Base application on your parent assigned device or are you going through My Verizon > My Plan & Services > Manage FamilyBase on a computer? When searching for activity, have you checked previous days as well as today's date?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
adima69
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having the same problem.  I installed the app on my phone, but I can't see any activity at all even though I know that my daughter has been using the phone because she has eaten up 75% of our data plan in two days.  Plus I know from looking at her phone that she has sent and received texts over the past two days, but Family Base shows no activity either on my app or when I log into Family Base on my desktop (through the website).

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

adima69,

Help has arrived! I want to make sure that we help you take control of your account again. I know to well how important it is to monitor and control data usage.  In order to review reports of your daughters activity, she must have Verizon FamilyBase Companion app on her phone.  Has the application already been installed?

Keep us posted.

YareliM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
adima69
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, because she has an iPhone.  As I understand it, the companion app is only available for Android.  That makes no sense.   Family base shows that she received two texts, but when I checked her phone just now, there are many more texts than that.   Not sure this app is working.

rcschnoor
Legend

adima69 wrote:

Family base shows that she received two texts, but when I checked her phone just now, there are many more texts than that.   Not sure this app is working.

Are there many more "texts" or are there many more "iMessages"??? iMessages are NOT texts and will NOT show up in any texting activity. iMessages are messages sent via Apple's servers, bypassing the normal SMS/MMS route which would show up in texting activity in Family Base. Any messages with "blue" bubbles around the message in her messaging app would be iMessages and would NOT show up in any texting history. Any messages with "green" bubbles around the message in her messaging app would be SMS/MMS messages and would show up in her texting history.

For all messages to be sent/received as SMS/MMS, you would have to disable iMessage on her iPhone.

adima69
Enthusiast - Level 2

rcschnoor Thank you, that is the problem.  I still have the problem of not being able to use Family Base fully due to her being on an iPhone, but that's good news about texts.

rcschnoor
Legend

Even though the companion app is not available for iPhones, I believe you can still set a limit on how much data the phone can use of your monthly allowance. While I do not have/use Family Base, I believe the data limit will still hold even if the companion app is not installed on a device. Have you set a data limit on her line?

0 Likes
adima69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I was able to set a limit on the data.  I think I can also set time limits on texting/messaging (restricted between 11pm and 6am, for instance), but I haven't tried to yet.  I'm not sure if iMessage can override that function as well.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Wendyden

I have had all of the above problems since I signed up in July 2014.  The Family Base Companion will work until I lock the phone, then when the lock time expires I can't lock it again for over 36 hrs, it keeps showing it needs to be reinstalled.  When I check my daughter's phone it shows it is installed correctly.  It doesn't keep updated on usage.  The only features that I like and the only reason I am keeping it for now is the ability to control trusted contacts and time usage.  This is very frustrating, I switched to Verizon from Sprint because it was suppose to be better coverage and better service, so far I don't see the service being that great.  One more year on my contract, so I will have to shop around to see what is out there.  Family Base should never have been released with so many issues, paying for a service that I can't completely utilize. 

0 Likes