Renewing blocks on specific numbers for calls and messages
cgriff

I need to renew existing blocks on specific numbers that show an expiration date of today (8/1/11)  How do I do that?  The numbers still show on the lines, but I have no way of verifying that the blocks are still in place or removed.  Please help.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Renewing blocks on specific numbers for calls and messages
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Cgriff, 

The free Call and Message block that we offer lasts 90 days. However, please note that you are able to change this at any time. For example, the block can be removed before the 90 days is up. In your case, you mention that you want to renew the block. Youc an do so by going in and removing, then re-adding the block. This starts a new 90-day block. It is easier tis way, since you can change the information whenever you want. Below are the steps to follow, for your convenience. 

Call and Message Blocking can be added/removed online by signing in to My Verizon using your Account Owner user ID and password and doing the following:

1.        Click on “Block Calls & Messages” icon located under “Plan” in the “I Want To” section at the bottom of your home page.

2.        Click on the “Call and Message Blocking” tab (next to Parental Controls.)

3.        Enter up to five 10-digit numbers under the Call and Message Block tab and click "Apply" once completed.

We also offer Usage Controls, which does so much more than Call and Message Blocking. You can find the information for Usage Controls here:

http://www.vzw.com/usagecontrols

Thank you for your posting and have a good day!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Renewing blocks on specific numbers for calls and messages
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Cgriff, 

The free Call and Message block that we offer lasts 90 days. However, please note that you are able to change this at any time. For example, the block can be removed before the 90 days is up. In your case, you mention that you want to renew the block. Youc an do so by going in and removing, then re-adding the block. This starts a new 90-day block. It is easier tis way, since you can change the information whenever you want. Below are the steps to follow, for your convenience. 

Call and Message Blocking can be added/removed online by signing in to My Verizon using your Account Owner user ID and password and doing the following:

1.        Click on “Block Calls & Messages” icon located under “Plan” in the “I Want To” section at the bottom of your home page.

2.        Click on the “Call and Message Blocking” tab (next to Parental Controls.)

3.        Enter up to five 10-digit numbers under the Call and Message Block tab and click "Apply" once completed.

We also offer Usage Controls, which does so much more than Call and Message Blocking. You can find the information for Usage Controls here:

http://www.vzw.com/usagecontrols

Thank you for your posting and have a good day!

0 Likes