time restrictions for internet / data plan for iPhone
bill76
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

Before upgrading my daughter to the iPhone, I would like to know if I will be able to set Time Restrictions on the use of the internet / data plan (e.g. only allow from 3-5pm M-F, different hours on Sat/Sun)

Currently she has an LG Dare (only phone/text - no data plan - not a Smart Phone) and I use usage controls to set time restrictions on when she can call or text others.

I see the following FAQ note from https://support.vzw.com/clc/faqs/Features%20and%20Optional%20Services/usage_controls.html

Do Usage Controls Time Restrictions work with devices that have an “always on” data connection?

"Time Restriction settings may not immediately take effect on devices with "always on" data connections (such as the Smartphone devices) and may not immediately restrict data usage regardless of whether you have established a Time Restriction for one or more of those devices on your account."

Does this mean I won't be able to set up a fixed schedule for when she can use the internet on the iPhone ?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes