2.2 update fascinate
godbuddha

I found out the more you call and give them a negative review the more it hurts them in the number one spot. so call about anything and then ask about 2.2 update and what you plan to do about it.

0 Likes
42 Replies
gsp10
Honestly If samung bricked my device them or verizon better replace it but 2.2 on the same exact phone the mesmerize didnt get bricked so the update is clearly safe and ready
0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

it's not the same exact phone, it's just really close.

0 Likes
bass9510

I hate the fact that I will have to {edited to comply with Terms of Service}

my phone to get 2.2.    I get a big discount on my phone from united technology.  I am going to let the corporate hr department know about the problems I am having with Version.

0 Likes
budone
Legend
I am sure HR will get right on it. Would love it if HR decided to not allow employee discounts due to stupid complaints. Who would you be mad at then??? What would you do.

Be careful what you complain to HR for, they CAN make the discount disappear.
0 Likes
Streetdoc740
Enthusiast - Level 3

If Verizon put as much effort into giving us what we wanted as they do moderating this forum then this whole topic would be un-needed wouldn't it?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I am saying when the Cliq was being updated to 2.1 and Motorola was VERY transparent with the update process Motorola took 5x the amount of heat you guys are giving Samsung for your device not being updated.

I am also saying if they rushed your update and it ended up bricking your devices then you have no one else to blame but yourself, but of course you'd blame Samsung for breaking your phone, and also those who don't care, or don't mind waiting for it to work right would blame Samsung for it.  So it's better for Samsung to take the heat from the minority and make sure they get it right vs.  rushing something out.

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

You guys going back and forward arguing about wanting proof, arguing about who to blame, arguing about where the hold up is. Please take a moment to think clearly:

What company did you buy the phone from?

What company do you make monthly payments to?

What company tied you you to a 2 year contract because you are naive

and believed that their representatives were capable of telling the truth?

What company has veiled this problem in complete and total corporate silence?

If you can figure out what company is described above and still cannot figure out who has a responsibility directly to you, to offer a simple honest corporate statement of fact; then you are divided and as long as the real culprit has you divided the responsible party can continue to ignore you because it has you distracted, divided and fighting among yourselves.

Focus your energies as a united group and follow the money...who takes your money?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Smokie11 wrote:

You guys going back and forward arguing about wanting proof, arguing about who to blame, arguing about where the hold up is. Please take a moment to think clearly:

What company did you buy the phone from? Samsung. Just like when you buy a TV from Best Buy. Where do you get support from outside the 14-30 day grace period? 

What company do you make monthly payments to? You pay monthly for services nothing more.

What company tied you you to a 2 year contract because you are naive? They subsidized your device they have to make their money back. They didn't force you to get the device.  You chose this device.

and believed that their representatives were capable of telling the truth? What they lie about? Proof is no matter what S device has come out they so far have been updated.  You will get the update.  Soon could mean now til the end of the world.

What company has veiled this problem in complete and total corporate silence? They are working on it the leaks prove it.  Just be patient

If you can figure out what company is described above and still cannot figure out who has a responsibility directly to you, to offer a simple honest corporate statement of fact; then you are divided and as long as the real culprit has you divided the responsible party can continue to ignore you because it has you distracted, divided and fighting among yourselves.

Focus your energies as a united group and follow the money...who takes your money?

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

Tidbits, Everything I wrote is factual, what you write is an interpretation, your interpretation, but facts they are not. What I wrote speaks for itself. You know exactly who you paid your phones purchase price to, who you make your monthly payments to and if a contract indeed exists, you also know that no contract exists between you and Samsung nor Google.

If your phone should fail during the one 1 year warranty period, who would provide you with a new one? Samsung? I am sure you know better. Let me give you a more accurate analogy than the one you provided about Best Buy:

If you buy a Kenmore appliance from Sears and you had a problem, who do think would take care of you, the manufacturer of the Kenmore appliance or Sears, by the way Sears makes nothing, they sell it and back it up.

In closing, my phone has the name of the company that sold it to me across the top and it plays that very same company's logo every morning when I turn it on because they don't want me to forget who sold it to me.:smileywink:

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Smokie11 wrote:

Tidbits, Everything I wrote is factual, what you write is an interpretation, your interpretation, but facts they are not. What I wrote speaks for itself. You know exactly who you paid your phones purchase price to, who you make your monthly payments to and if a contract indeed exists, you also know that no contract exists between you and Samsung nor Google.

If your phone should fail during the one 1 year warranty period, who would provide you with a new one? Samsung? I am sure you know better. Let me give you a more accurate analogy than the one you provided about Best Buy:

If you buy a Kenmore appliance from Sears and you had a problem, who do think would take care of you, the manufacturer of the Kenmore appliance or Sears, by the way Sears makes nothing, they sell it and back it up.

In closing, my phone has the name of the company that sold it to me across the top and it plays that very same company's logo every morning when I turn it on because they don't want me to forget who sold it to me.:smileywink:

Have your purchased a car?  If so then try and run the sale deal through your bank and let me know how it goes.  Buy something form Best Buy and wait 31 days and let me know how that goes.

The contract is for them to recoup the costs they lent you to purchase the device.  You don't have to sign a 2 year contract to get ANY device on ANY network.  You CHOSE to sign the contract to get a device cheaper.  So your argument is moot.

I am guessing you are typing this from a computer and not your phone.  Did you know your "tech" support from your HP, Dell, or whatever computer comes from somewhere else, and those companies pass it along just like Verizon passes along phone updates.

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

Tidbits, You have chosen to disregard what I wrote, instead you talk about many things that have nothing to do with what I wrote, I have never told anyone what to do, I have presented facts and I am not arguing with anyone, unfortunately the exchange between you and I does seems like it's headed in that direction... not what I want. Anyone that reads what I wrote is free to opine and disagree with me including yourself. We view reality from different perspectives...perhaps we can agree on just one thing: No OTA update to 2.2 Froyo has been released for our phones. Can we agree to that?:smileywink:

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Smokie11 wrote:

Tidbits, You have chosen to disregard what I wrote, instead you talk about many things that have nothing to do with what I wrote, I have never told anyone what to do, I have presented facts and I am not arguing with anyone, unfortunately the exchange between you and I does seems like it's headed in that direction... not what I want. Anyone that reads what I wrote is free to opine and disagree with me including yourself. We view reality for different perspectives...perhaps we can agree on just one thing: No OTA update to 2.2 Froyo has been released for our phones. Can we agree to that?:smileywink:

Of course not.  I'd rather have them do the upgrade right, and make sure they reduce the bugs that affect the Fascinate.  Pushing for an update could be a bad thing.  Evo comes to mind on a maintancence release.  The Droid X 2.2 release.  The leaked updates seem fine and stable, but features didn't work or there were bugs in them.

I didn't chose to disregard what you wrote.  You have a misconception about your contract, and what you think you are entitled to because you signed that contract.  With any carrier I would say the same thing when you sign a contract.

Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile or whatever carrier you buy a phone from is just like any 3rd party retailer out there.  Whether or not you sign a contract.  They do NOT make the devices, nor give anything above basic support for.  If any of them can't help you fix the problems they send you to the source.

FYI I used to work at Sears...  Sears will take it from you, but the people actually working on it are Khenmoore certified workers and they get paid differently than a ISA you probably talked to.

0 Likes
gsp10
2.2 didnt brick the mesmerize so obviously the update is safe all we have to do is wait till verizon makes enough sales with the samsung charge then they will finally give us the update. I hate greedy companies
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

you seem to forget the epic debacle.  Just because there isn't issues with one doesn't mean there won't be for another.

0 Likes
gsp10
Yeah I want to know the source to im not a big fan of verizon our samsung anymore but you need proof before saying something like that
0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

Maybe this will help. I got an email reply from vzw and this is part of what they said:

"Verizon Wireless does not dictate when a software release will be approved and confirmed. This is an update that will be provided by both Google's Android Developers and Samsung. Once it becomes ready, the software will be sent out to your device automatically and you will be advised to perform the update."

Verizon takes no responsibility at all for not delivering froyo but instead blames it on Google and samsung!

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
Sounds like a familiar tune we all heard before, software versus hardware, each one blaming the other
0 Likes
Shinebox
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like our developers have a fully functional version of 2.3.3 running now. They said MMS and the Camcorder don't work but they actually do.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Shinebox wrote:

Looks like our developers have a fully functional version of 2.3.3 running now. They said MMS and the Camcorder don't work but they actually do.

lol. happy april fools day.

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

I called again Verizon execute office today. 
The nice girls spoke to me but I was shocked how clueless she was. When I asked when Froyo will be delivered, she replied...(hold on to your chair please)..."You must have dialed a wrong number. This is Verizon Wireless execute office. We don't sell yogurts in here." My jaw dropped. I couldn't believe it. I explained to her what the Froyo is and after a few minutes she still didn't get it. She must have been a secretary. 
I asked me to transfer me to someone more knowledgeable. She didn't get upset and transfered me to execute office tech manager. The lady told me that they will be able to answer my concern by the EOD Thursday 03/31/11. 
Whatever it means that Froyo (or something better) is coming or not, I can only speculate.

0 Likes