When I hook my phone to my macbook, i do not see any ICON of my phone. So I can not either upload or download. Is there software I need to download. Thanks for any help.
Here are the steps on how you can transfer pictures between your computer and your SCH-i500 (Fascinate) handset.
NOTE: This will only be compatible with Windows Vista/XP/7 operating system.
Step 1. Ensure that the Memory Card is properly inserted into the device
Step 2. Ensure that the USB mode is set on Mass Storage:
-Select USB settings
-Select Mass storage even if already selected
-Press Home key to return to the home screen
-Step 3. Make sure that USB debugging is uncheck:
-Uncheck all three options ( USB debugging, Allow mock location, Stay Awake)
Step 4. Connect the USB data cable to the device and a laptop or PC
-After the USB icon appears in the Notification Drawer, pull it down
-Select USB Connected
Step 5. On the PC, navigate to the Removable Disk assigned to the device. This can be done through the automatic pop up screen or ‘My Computer.
Step 6. Drag and drop (copy and paste) files from other locations of your PC to this folder
Here's the Mac steps...
1) Plug in the phone using the USB cable. On the handset, drop down the notification bar (the top of the screen). If you do NOT see an option reading "Select to copy files to/from computer", then...
2) Unplug the device from the Mac
3) Press the 'Menu' button, then 'Settings"
4) Go to 'Applications', then 'Development'
5) In this menu, turn on 'USB Debugging'.
6) Plug the phone back into the Mac. You should have an option to copy files to from computer in the Notification dropdown. Select it. Note that the SD card may be scanning when you do this, so give it about a minute to finish scanning and mount.
7) Once mounted, you should see a hard drive appear on your mac with the name "NO NAME".
😎 Copy files as you would any other USB device.
I hope this works for everyone. And original poster: Less caps, more shift key, and put some text in the message itself.