Galaxy S7 Edge Rear Camera Glass Shattered!
duffstuff

While attempting to take a photo yesterday, it was blurry, so I turned the phone around to wipe whatever was on my camera lens.  Imagine my shock when there was nothing on the glass, but the glass itself was SHATTERED!  There is a hole in the middle, like someone shot it out!  Interesting side note: The glass is shattered OUTWARDS, not inwards, like it was impacted.

This phone is owned by an adult and has been baby-ed... full front and back Zagg covers, highest rated Otterbox installed since day 1....NEVER dropped, shaken, bumped, impacted, etc.  I was flabbergasted!  How did it just break???  When I got home, I googled s7 edge camera, and dozens of similar stories popped up.  One post said to call Samsung for a manufacturer's defect to see how they would handle it.

Like the others who posted before me, I spent 2 hours on the phone INSISTING to Samsung that this was NOT customer induced damage.  They told me I could send it to Samsung  to be "evaluated" but I use my phone for work.  This is not an option.  Next I tried googling a repair for this issue, but due to full glass covers front and back, a fix is not readily available.

Someone PLEASE help me.  The superior camera was one of the reasons I chose this phone!  I repeatedly asked the Verizon guy who sold me the phone if this phone was more fragile than the regular s7, and he assured me it was just as tough.  A camera lens exploding OUTWARDS on it's own is not tough.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Rear Camera Glass Shattered!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@duffstuff

I can understand your concerns and frustrations you’re experiencing from this cracked rear camera lens issue. I would be concerned as well.

I have checked and cannot confirm a known issue with the camera lens. I am, however, concerned that if your device is replaced by us under the manufacturer’s warranty, and is deemed to have physical damage, that you may be charged back a non-refundable returned damaged device fee. Considering you already reached out to Samsung regarding this issue, I recommend shipping the device to them directly to ensure it’s handled correctly. Can you activate another device on the line while it’s being assessed by Samsung to ensure you have an active device to use?

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes