12 month upgrade
Chugbug

Anyone know why you can't do the 12 month upgrade with the Note 8??   Any of Galaxy 8 you can  but why not the Note 8!

0 Likes
Re: 12 month upgrade
bearone21
Legend

call cs.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't treat the Note 8 any differently than the other Notes, Chugbug. After making payments for 12 months, you can always do an early upgrade and trade in the current device when upgrading to a new device via Device Payments

StephannieP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Chugbug

The Verison store states the Note 8 has to be paid off, even the web site shows I have a left over balance (9 months).  My wife has a 8+ and it shows she is eligible for the upgrade.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your concerns are completely understandable. We want you to have all the facts about the Annual Upgrade program. When we first luanched the Early Upgrade Promgram, we called it our Edge Program. This was because Samsung Edge devices could be upgraded after a certain amount of the agreement was paid off. Right now the Samsung Galaxy S9, Samsung Galaxy S9+ and Samsung Galaxy Note 8 are not eligible for Annual Upgrade Program. You can always see the facts here: http://spr.ly/6581EzB11.

ElizabethC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

sh's eligible & you aren't, you could've mentioned this in your original post.

Chugbug

I got another email from customer service starting the note 8 is NOT eligible for the early upgrade.  There obviously is a lot of confusion within customer service???  Can you please let me know if it truly is or is not.Thanks

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

have you had the note8 over 1 year?

Chugbug

Yes, almost 15 months.  My Verizon account shows I'm not eligible, the Verizon store has told me I'm not eligible and I recieved an email from Verizon which I have copied below... I hope this helps

Your concerns are completely understandable. We want you to have all the facts about the Annual Upgrade program. When we first luanched the Early Upgrade Promgram, we called it our Edge Program. This was because Samsung Edge devices could be upgraded after a certain amount of the agreement was paid off. Right now the Samsung Galaxy S9, Samsung Galaxy S9+ and Samsung Galaxy Note 8 are not eligible for Annual Upgrade Program. You can always see the facts here: http://spr.ly/6581EzB11. ElizabethC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
intlpotato
Enthusiast - Level 2

SAMSUNG STOPPED DOING EARLY UPGRADES

I am not sure why the rep is giving you incorrect info....I have a note 8 which I was told was edge up eligible, but it is definitely not as I sadly found out 12 months later. Samsung stopped their early upgrade program.