Re: 2019 Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
JoyStickJester
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am currently sitting in the parking lot of a Verizon store. They said I needed the 5G Sim card to be able to 5G.  They installed it and still no 5G coverage and I live in an area where 5G is available.

So Vz are you going to credit my account for a phone that does not work on 5G or send me a Note 20 +5G? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we can look into this for you. Please send us a Private Note.

0 Likes
TMH_26
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did they respond to this? Did they have any solution for you?

0 Likes
TMH_26
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a solution to this issue?

0 Likes
, Re: 2019 Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
RonaldReynoldsJr
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, I just get the runaround or people who think it's a sim card issue...

0 Likes
Re: , Re: 2019 Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
TMH_26
Enthusiast - Level 2

Figures. Thanks and thanks for the reply. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always strive to provide you with the service you need. Can you please provide your ZIP Code so that we can take a look into your area?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
emtownsend
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will take a look.  I am now in Key Biscayne Florida and she has 5G.  It rated 123 down and 21 up.  Not too bad. My 4G, sitting right next to her is 125 down and 15 up.  Essentially the same.

My complaint is totally about principal: I opted for 5G and the associated increase in purchase cost and monthly plan payments but 5G is available to others and not my device.  It stings a bit that Verizon has no provision for those of us who opted in early, paid for months and then find that our premiere device is outdated already.

If they would give me credit for time served in 5G jail, I would totally swap phones.  All this said, I guess I can change my plan to the non-5G I think.  I will look into that in just a few.  It just goes back to paying for a plan that Verizon will not fulfill/support.  In fact, I understand the onboard modem isn't really even capable.  That's the icing on the cake.  [OK off my soapbox]

MrNegative370
Enthusiast - Level 2

Contacted Verizon customer service got a 5G SIM card then waited for them to push an update to my device to enable 5G which never came took a peek at the APN settings and there is no 5G listed under network. I suspect a class action lawsuit unless something is done about this false advertisement. 

Re: , 2019 Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure to move with accuracy only, so let's make sure you are set up for success. 5G Nationwide and our 4G LTE share low band spectrum. Really, what this means is that right now 5G Nationwide is more of a slightly boosted 4G LTE connection than it is of a slightly downgraded 5G Ultra Wideband, aka UWB, connection (the 5G that receives those super-fast speeds). 5G Nationwide will improve as we grow it out and as we build on 5G UWB areas. You will get 5G on the Note 10, but it will solely be for the 5G Ulta Wideband technology. Let me know if that helped clarify. 

Akane_VZW

0 Likes