Re: 2019 Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, mdc5150! We would be happy to help get your phone running on 5G! When you got your Note 10 5G, did you activate a new 5G SIM card with that phone? If you used a 4G SIM card your phone would activate but wouldn't be able to access 5G.

ScottD_VZW

0 Likes
BOB111968A
Enthusiast - Level 2

So what's funny is my Dad's phone is a new Samsung A20 5G FE that retails for about half of my "Premier first on the block 5G phone" Note 10+5G with 5G plan for over year and his phone shows 5G at the top even with mine sitting next to it. I got the old,"its just a boosted 4G signal.  Funny thing is my phone seems to be SLOWER uploading or downloading anything since they rolled out 5G low band. I've been with Verizon 21 yrs and I'm seriously ticked off. Should have kept my old Note..

0 Likes
BOB111968A
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, now been on hold for 50+ minutes after calling customer care. I will be more than happy to sign anything if a class action lawsuit is started. 

SLOULY86
Enthusiast - Level 3

We should file a complaint whit the Federal Trade Commission. 

MrNegative370
Enthusiast - Level 2

Possibility the better business bureau? Because I have been paying for a 5g phone with 5g service and have not once received it. I have checked the maps, confirmed with customer Representatives, waited for them to send a new SIM card, waited for them to push a provisioning update to my phone and now I'm just waiting for them to think of something else to make me wait for.

0 Likes
leon67
Enthusiast - Level 3

They always say send you a private message and we'll see if we can work it out I did that it's a bunch of garbage they did nothing for my phone they sent me a 5G SIM card said oh that will work it doesn't Verizon does nothing but lie to you

0 Likes
leon67
Enthusiast - Level 3

No because I got the 5G SIM card and it does nothing

0 Likes
leon67
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not true it's listed as supporting both do your due diligence

0 Likes
yezews
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is horrible!Thanks to everyone for helping me solve this issue. When I purchased my note 10 plus 5g I decided to spend the extra $ and go with the 5g option for the future. Recently I purchased a new phone for my daughter at a local Go wireless store. I asked about 5g coverage in my area.I was told yes,nationwide 5g service was available, but there was an extra charge. Not happy about another charge on top of my$350 monthly bill,I figured what the heck,I'm getting ripped off anyway...The next day I checked and no 5g on phone, while my daughters phone was showing 5g service. I checked back at store and was told my phone was not compatible with the nationwide  5g antennas .Quite angry I called Verizon. After dealing with trying to speak to a live person, I was told all I need is a 5g sim card.They would send for free and should receive in 3 days.After 12 days I called again to inquire where package was.In transit they said.I asked to send another and they did.Recieved card,called tech support and installed with no problems.Checked where there is known 5g coverage, no 5g on my phone. I called tech support, Reset this and that,updated this and that.Checked next day ,no 5g.Called Verizon, after 1 hour finally get someone who understands.  After complaining about extra cost of phone and service,  He Says there shouldn't be extra charge for 5g service, and whoever told me that was lying. Also said my phone was not compatible with nationwide 5g.He said maybe warranty and replacement department could send me a new phone that would work.Im transfered to someone else. He says he could send new phone but couldn't guarantee it had proper modem to connect to nationwide 5g.He said he would transfer me to someone in a higher position that could upgrade my phone for free considering all that I have been put through. Guess what happens next?He hangs up!Keep in mind,I just gave him my phone # for call back purposes!No call back.Tried numerous times that evening to get a live person with no luck.Next day after 1.5 hours of explaining my situation they finally acknowledge that my phone will not get nationwide 5g!They offer $200 towards purchase price for note 20 5g.I already spent $1300 on my 5g phone that doesn't get 5g!Told them I'm done and will be going to another carrier, their response was ill have to pay off my other phones before I leave them!Sounds like a nasty divorce!Goodbye Verizon, I'll take my $350 monthly charge elsewhere!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have the best experience with your Verizon phone. This is especially true with 5G service, we definitely want you to connect. In addition to my reply here, I will send you a Private Note. 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes