Re: 2019 Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your device can be used on our Nationwide Network 4G service. Are you saying you can't use the phone?

0 Likes
RonaldReynoldsJr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm saying I was sold a "5G" phone and have never been able to use 5G! What if someone sold you a 480HP V8 Hemi Truck and you later found out it actually has a 4 Cylinder 110 HP Hyundai engine in it instead and when you complained the company who sold it to you says, oh well... just be happy it runs at all!

Once my contract is up I'm dropping Verizon and I tell every person I meet how bad this experience has been, you could have fixed this by upgrading me for free to an actual 5G phone, but instead you're losing a 5 line customer for life as well as my wife's business lines!

JustJoshinU
Enthusiast - Level 2

What part of this thread do you not understand? We were sold a phone that doesn't (does not) function as advertised. The Samsung Note 10 5G is not a phone that operates on your 5G network and we were all mislead by your advertising. I was also mislead by the verizon sales staff who lead me to believe that by paying the premium (about $500) that my phone would function with 5G capabilities. The Note 10 5G will not work on the 5G network, never has and never will. I've been waiting patiently for an update that I've recently found out from a verizon customer service rep will never come because the 5G capability was never put into this phone. I was also told that if I want 5G I'm forced to pay off the remaining balance of this phone and then purchase a 5G phone. Next time you release a phone do not mislead your customers. For example: Note 10 No 5G would have been more fitting. Anyways, this is pointless and it's getting nowhere. I'll pay the phone off and then you've lost what would have been a lifelong customer. You offer no remedy, only the same stupid questions. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back it. Pfft

Joew139
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have recently been able to receive 5GUW, but still no 5g outside of the football stadium where the 5GUW is pushed. I bought a 5G phone, not limited 5G device. 

RonaldReynoldsJr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Biggest scam in the history of cell phones!

Joew139
Enthusiast - Level 2

I work in 19114. I have the latest update as well. I can receive 5GUW when I pass by the football stadium, and one other place along the I95 corridor in Philadelphia. It's either 5GUW, or 4Glte. 

0 Likes
Joew139
Enthusiast - Level 2

Screenshot_20210328-171937_Settings.jpg

As you can see, when I look at "about phone" it says Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, not 5G UW, or some 5G, or limited 5G.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JustJoshinU, we are here to help make sure that you can get the best value possible! So we can help, please send us a Private Message. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please know we definitely do not want to lose you as a member of the Verizon Wireless family, Ronald. We can completely understand your frustration/ire regarding this matter. Can you please send us a Private Message, so we can discuss? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RonaldReynoldsJr,

I want to make sure we provide solutions to your concerns because we greatly value your loyalty. We want you to get the most out of your device.

At the time we released the Note 10 5G UW was the only 5G network we had announced and it was the only one we had advertised. It was the only 5G network we had given any indication would exist and it not only still exists, it continues to grow. We haven't abandoned it. 5G Nationwide isn't a replacement, it is simply another option. It is no different than us launching 4G LTE and 3G phones not being able to use it. Sometimes when new technologies come out, old devices won't work with it. The only way to avoid that would be to never release new technologies. I understand that you may not be in an area which offers 5G UW, but we are working to change that as soon as we can. You can see coverage for both networks at http://spr.ly/6608Ha6K8

More importantly, 5G UW is the network that allows for transformative change. You can view speed expectations at http://spr.ly/6609Ha6KD . Minimum expectations for 5G UW start at 300 Mbps. 5G Nationwide has the same speed expectations that 4G does. It does have advantages, in that it offers more bandwidth, but that benefits those who can't use it too by moving people who would otherwise be on LTE over to clear up your bandwidth as well. It can make speeds less likely to drop, but that is true whether you have a phone that uses it or not. For high end speeds, it is no different than using 4G LTE. 

What is it about 5G Nationwide that you would like your phone to do? I'd love to look for any way we can address those concerns.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes