Re: 2019 Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Taylaptop, thank you for the helpful information you provided. Two weeks is too long to not receive the help you need. We want nothing more than to provide you the help you need. To better assist you, please respond to the Private Message I sent you.  JacobG_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@D3v1n

I want you to be able to get the new device of your choice as well, and I wouldn't want to lose you as a loyal customer over this. Allow me to help. I will send you a Private Message so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
Taylaptop
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes i would like to get this solved. 

0 Likes
Taylaptop
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent you a private massage back

0 Likes
KitchMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, after messaging with customer service, their solution is not acceptable.  They will give you $350 discount on the Note 20+ Ultra plus $250 trade on this phone.  Of course, that's spread over 24 months, worthless.  You also have to pay off what you own on the 10+.  For me, about $550.  Verizon isn't taking responsibility for the issue at all.  

My solution, pay off the phone, trade it into Samsung directly for $650 toward the Note 20+ Ultra unlocked version.  I'll also drop my insurance with Verizon and pay it directly to Samsung.  It's a wash compared to what Verizon is offering but I won't be tied to Verizon.  Then once I get my family phone situation squared away, I'm switching to T-Mobile.  I've had enough of Verizon's garbage.

yyhk123
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you are in the 5G area with 5G plan and it doesnt work, then download samsung members app and submit a ticket through the app. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure all our customers are receiving the best Verizon experience. I do understand your frustration with the recent Note 10 discovery. However, this is a functionality choice by the developer, not your carrier. This is still an amazing new device that's capable on 5G UW, which is the true full experience and purpose behind 5G technology. Furthermore, if your concern is to get the most out of 5G service, why find a solution that involves leaving the leading 5G carrier? Are you still getting the most out of your new device? - NicholasS_VZW

0 Likes
RonaldReynoldsJr
Enthusiast - Level 3

We should form a class action lawsuit, this is false advertising! 

yyhk123
Enthusiast - Level 2

VZW uses mm wave 5G, so you have to be in a distance where you can be able to physically see the 5G network tower to use 5G. If you are not able to see it, you are either too far from the tower or 5G can't go through the walls or its too far.

also, you need 5G plan with 5G sim card in 5G area.

0 Likes
RonaldReynoldsJr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do pay for 5G service now, but for my phone that's only available in very small parts of downtown and minute maid park, that's not what I was told when I bought the phone, I was told 5G was rolling out nation wide and would be everywhere within a few months, now I find out it is but not the version that's compatible with the phone they sold me, this whole thing stinks of deceptive business practices and false advertising and I do not think it falls under the legal definition of "Puffery" either, so I think a good case for misrepresentation can be made!

0 Likes