Re: 2019 Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We work with integrity, and we don't want you to feel like we gave you incorrect information. Please visit our 5G Coverage Map https://www.verizon.com/coverage-map/ to check specific locations. EvelynR_VZW 

0 Likes
Jymnell
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tell you what, if i had a dollar for every time someone from verizon has said that to me, i would own verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

5pacey, it is important to have the correct details regarding your device. 5G devices such as the Note 10 that were manufactured prior to 2020 are eligible to utilize 5G Ultra Wide band service, however are not compatible with 5G Nationwide at this time. 

-Joshua

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pkovack, the great thing about technology is that it is always advancing and changing. When your device was released in August of 2019 it was compatible with the 5G Ultra Wideband that was operational at that time and still exists today. Since 5G Nationwide just launched the technology was not there yet. Going forward we hope to expand the 5G Nationwide line of devices as we work closely with our manufacturing partners. 

Melissa_VZW

0 Likes
cody294
Enthusiast - Level 1

I dont receive 5g coverage and paid for the 5g phone, not happy about this at all!

RonaldReynoldsJr
Enthusiast - Level 3

So Verizon hyped up one 5G technology, sold us phones based on that, then almost immediately abandoned expansion of that 5G technology in favor of a cheaper, faster version to roll out so they didn't appear to fail behind in the 5G race. Verizon may have kept up in the 5G race, but left us loyal customers behind in the dust holding a phone that 99% will never be able to use on 5G. I'm still paying on a phone that more than a year later has never even detected a 5G network, meanwhile Verizon puts a there efforts behind expanding a completely different technology that I can't use. As soon as my 5 lines are paid off I'll be enjoying 5G technology on AT&T or T-Mobil, I'll never trust Verizon again! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This definitely isn't the experience we want for you, RonaldReynoldsJr. Please rest assured that I have submitted your feedback to Samsung in regard to this issue. At this time, a device upgrade would be required to connect to both 5G Nationwide and 5G Ultrawide Band.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
dprice07
Enthusiast - Level 1

My name is Douglas Price: 901-355-7627 / [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]. 

I have this same exact issue which I complained to customer service about....about 1 month ago and I spoke with one of your managers named Hank. There has been no resolution and I do expect Verizon to provide a solution....a new equivalent phone at no cost to me. I live in the greater Houston, TX area and both live in and work in Nationwide coverage areas. If there is not action planned by Verizon, I can and will take my story to the local TV channels who are happy to make news stories about this kind of fraud....intentional or otherwise.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dprice07, we value your loyalty and we understand the importance of making sure you are aware of your device options. Allow us the opportunity to investigate this matter and review your options. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that Message? Thank you. 

0 Likes
Macyoungblood

I have Note 10+ 5g and was also under the Assumption when buying it last October that 5g roll out in the future would be covered if I got the 5g note. But come to find out it is not after getting my daughter the Iphone 12 pro max from you guys and changing to individual plans. Is there anything you can do to fix this false Promotion that was pushed buy sales reps at your stores. Even if it possible to trade my Note in for New one that covers both 5g bandwidths you offer and just pay for new phone my loss on year paid on my note 10+ 5g? 

0 Likes