Re: 2019 Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
Captain68
Enthusiast - Level 1

So why not give us the difference we paid extra for the note 10 5G on top of the trade-in value towards the purchase of a new phone? 

VaheOh
Enthusiast - Level 1

JUST MOVED TO AT&T FOLKS AND I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER! 2.5 YEARS after buying TWO of the Note 10+ 5G in August, 2019 from Verizon, with the promise of 5G in two months (Oct 2019) I still don't have 5G and I learned only a few days ago (Christmas 2021!) that I never will with this phone. Even this past summer Verizon had me change my phone, then they told me "Oh, your phone doesn't have a 5G SIM card? Well that's the problem!" But it wasn't. Even after getting a new 5G SIM card and 10's of hours wasted on this very issue, still no resolution. If I had just known, I would have just bought another phone because I run a business and the money I lost in TIME would have paid for two new phones if not more.
Needless to say, I was recently in the fortunate position of having all 3 lines on my verizon account with paid off devices, so I had Verizon unlock them and good-bye! I'm now an AT&T customer. You just lost a 25 Year loyal customer - at one point I used to pay over $800 per month through my Verizon business plan. It's mind-boggling how these people stay in business the way they treat their customers. I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years I see Verizon written on a gravestone.

0 Likes
Millercorner68
Enthusiast - Level 1

A lot of Trust Lost, 20+ year customer and Yeah, feeling really lousy about Verizon. Spent $1000 for the promise of 5G and more in plan charges.

The narrative that the Note 10 5G was based on old tech is almost fraudulent.  The decision to change "technologies" was politics and economics.  The Note 10+ 5G had the more advanced tech!

The new "5G" Ultra, which is basically pumped up 4G, is because cities would not allow for all the towers and theories of health issue with the mm band 5G. 

Truly was a bait and switch deal when I bought this phone.

TNDan0579

I have the same complain regardgthe galaxy s10 5g phone. Verizon advertised it as a 5g phone. Didnt mention anything about not compatible with 5g nationwide. After many calls and chats with verizon tech support for 8 to 10 months of trying to figure out the problem,  they finally advised that the phone is not compatible. I feel misled. And all of their tech support staff had no clue that it wasnt compatible. 

0 Likes
adom75
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought this stupid phone as soon as it came out like everyone else in anticipation for 5G. Now several years later this garbage has issues getting ANY connection because it bounces back and forth between 4gLTE and 5G (which NEVER works). I too contacted tech support and they sent me a new SIM claiming it would fix the problem... yea, nope. Bow that's I see it will never work and I wasted $$ on something I'll never get, I just switched to Xfinity for basically the same service but MUCH MUCH cheaper and savings on my Comcast services. I'm so utterly disappointed with Verizon. 

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes