Re: 2019 Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
KitchMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Obviously none of the customer service reps know nothing about this phone.  The Note 10 Plus 5g bought in 2019 does not have the hardware to connect to the Nationwide 5g network.  It will only connect to the 5g UW portion of 5g.  Verizon is unwilling to upgrade our phones without us paying off the phone.  This is unacceptable since this is your mistake.  

Since you don't value me as a customer, I'm going to pay off my phone, buy a Note 20 Ultra direct from Samsung at $650 off from trading in this garbage phone, then I'm moving my service to T-Mobile.  You don't deserve my business.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to enjoy our services to the fullest. Please send us a Private Note, we are here to work with you.

0 Likes
Gilbertrios4life

This is false information I have the Samsung Note 10 us 5G went to the Verizon store had them replace the Sim card and my phone still on 4G

0 Likes
WOODYKC40
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes Im looking at starting a Class Action Lawsuit for the miss information of the 5G network...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gilbertrios4life, we're sorry to read that you're having trouble connecting to our 5G Nationwide network. We'd love to help get this taken care of. Please reply to our private note to get started. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
WF71

Actually, it was advertised solely as a 5G ultra wideband device. At that time, there wasn't a single phone that supported both mmWave and sub-6 so buyers should do their due diligence before buying. 

0 Likes
WF71

Unfortunately, people should do their due diligence before they purchase a device. It was well advertised that the Note 10 5G was 5G UWB only and was being deployed in urban areas and cities. Going forward, most 5G phones should support most of the 5G technologies.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want you to feel the need for that, WOODYKC40. We're happy to help address any questions that you have. So we can best help you, please let us know more about your specific concerns. Help is here. 

-RSM

0 Likes
Mlook15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I have a similar problem. I have a brand new ultra 20 note 5g and 5g service and I'm in the map of coverage, yet I do not get even 5g nationwide. The map shows im in the middle of it surrounded by it. But verizon says they haven't released it yet in my area. What a joke.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is for you to remain connected at all times, and are here to help with your 5G concerns, Mlook15. I understand you're using a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G. The first batch of software updates for your phone was released on 10/14/20. To confirm, have you received an update? Please share your current software version. 

KiaH_VZW

0 Likes