$25 Samsung Credit From Carriers?
varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just exchanged my Note 7.  In addition to paying another $20 activation fee, Verizon is apparently not offering the $25 credit offered by Samsung.  Or at least during my transaction as another person exchanged their phone and didn't pay the activation and got the $25 credit.

What are your experiences and what is the correct protocol on this?  Did I get someone that didn't have the latest guidance on the credit?

0 Likes
Re: $25 Samsung Credit From Carriers?
LinMcHugh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to order the Pixel XL online. I was charged the $20 activation fee, then credited it. I was not given the $25 extra, but I will certainly call on this.

0 Likes
skizdidlyidler
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey guy, not sure about the $20 activation fee, I would assume that would've been waived. As for the  $25 Samsung credit, that was only for the original recall on the original 1st generation Note 7s. And you only got it if you exchanged your Note 7 for another Samsung product. Not if you waited for the new Note 7s or if you went with another phone maker.

0 Likes
varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

I asked about the activation fee and they told me that the only way I could get it waived was to buy some $50 bundle with a case, car charger and something else.  Looks like Verizon is not consistent with its customers. 

0 Likes
varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

The latest Samsug info for this recall  also gives the $25.

0 Likes