Re: 3rd phone on Kitkat
stef7
Master - Level 2

Ask Samsung for a way to disable Band4 on your phone.

0 Likes
chantenicole
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also on my 3rd Note 3. That update was the worst thing possible. I reside in Cleveland which is predominately 4G capable! My fiance has a Note 2 and his phone works just fine. I have more dropped calls than received calls. I had to contact the executive office to receive an upgrade however, I would rather keep the phone that has all of my content on it vs being a test dummy for the new phones that are being released and that they are forcing down everyone's throat. These phones cost too much to have this type of service out of them!

0 Likes
Vaporgirrl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so angry this morning.  Again the "mobile network not available." With 4 bars showing. I have been trying to cancel a doctor's appointment for 20 minutes and can't make a call! I am fed up!!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

You know, this is just my opinion, but if I were in your shoes, I guess if Samsung or Verizon offered an S5 to replace your Note3, I'd take the offer. Don't know about the Note4, or S6 and when they might be available. If they were to offer me an LG G2 or G3, I would probably go for one of them. I'd research the other phones, and I'd tell them what you wanted.

Honestly, what value is a phone that can't make and receive calls? What is your expensive Note3 really worth if it doesn't work as a phone? Verizon or Samsung should buy-back your phone, but that's unlikely. They should release you from your contract, or offer you SUBSTANTIAL discount to get into a new device.

They broke your phone.

Your inability to reliably make or receive a call could impact your health or safety (say you needed to dial 911) or one of your loved ones (say this negatively impacts coordinating logistics related to one of your children or an elderly aunt, uncle, parent, a spouse)... or your child becomes ill or injured while in the care of others / at school and you can't be contacted) if they don't have a means of letting your device use Band13 which it did before the KK update for reliable phone service, then what are you going to do?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vaporgirrl,

So sorry to hear you are still having trouble with your phone! You mentioned in your beginning post that the trouble began after the last software update. Have you tried wiping the cache partition? Here are the instructions: Power the device off. Press and hold the Home button (located at the bottom) & Volume Up button (located on the left edge). With the Home and Volume buttons pressed, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until Samsung logo appears then release all keys.  In the recovery menu select wipe cache partition. (Utilize the volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.) Once completed, Select reboot system now. Once the device powers back on dial #832 to connect to the network. Let us know how the signal is.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

BrianP

With all due respect, these owners have been there and done that.

It's clear here and other places on the internet, the Note3 is laboring on band4.

0 Likes
Vaporgirrl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I wiped the cache partition.  Still couldn't get a signal to make a call this morning.

i also wasted an hour visiting the  Samsung experience at Best Buy and had them reflash the phone, per the suggestion of customer service. That didn't work either. I was supposed to get a call back from Verizon customer service to see if reflashing worked...I am still waiting for the call back today Smiley Sad

0 Likes