4.3 update 5/8/2014...why was it not 4.4?
metalgirl247
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been looking for that 4.4 update and my GN2 said update available...why was it 4.3 and not 4.4?  anyone know? thanks!

Re: 4.3 update 5/8/2014...why was it not 4.4?
TuckkcuT
Enthusiast - Level 1

it was a software update to allow our phone to be able to allow roaming in Canada, I've never been to Canada a day in my life and don't plan on going either.  I could careless about that update, had me all excited thinking I finally had the Kit Kit software update. 

0 Likes
kimangelyne

Thanks for answering that question.  I was wondering myself what this update was since it was still showing 4.3.

0 Likes
TuckkcuT
Enthusiast - Level 1

I woke up this morning to a software needs to be updated on your phone message.  I was overly excited thinking it was going to be the Kit Kat 4.4 update, to my surprise it was some crap update about Roaming in Canada.  This is like seeing that big Christmas gift under the tree only to open it up and it's a box full of sweaters.  VZW should be freaking ashamed of themselves knowing we are all looking for the Kit Kat update and send this mess.

0 Likes
TuckkcuT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update that will improve the performance of your

Samsung Galaxy Note® II smartphone.

KEY ImpRoVEmENtS:

• Allows roaming to Canada (tELUS) network

REALLY!!!!!!!!  WHERE IS KIT KAT 4.4????????

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

TuckkcuT wrote:

Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update that will improve the performance of your

Samsung Galaxy Note® II smartphone.

KEY ImpRoVEmENtS:

• Allows roaming to Canada (tELUS) network

REALLY!!!!!!!!  WHERE IS KIT KAT 4.4????????

It isn't ready yet. SAMSUNG hasn't finished the update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TuckkcuT
Enthusiast - Level 1

When you read information like this below, and you get a notification of a software update on your phone and it's not Kit Kit.  What do you think we are going to say?

"If you own a Galaxy Note 2, here’s some good news. Your Android 4.4.2 KitKat update appears to be ready, and is being sent out to international versions of the device right now. According to reports, French Note 2 phones are first on the list, with other countries to follow afterwards. It’s an over-the-air update, so look out for a notification soon. Features are expected to be in-line with the Galaxy Note 3."

May 12, 2014

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

All carrier branded versions have followed a different schedule for OS updates then the international SIM unlocked versions of phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes