5.0 is extremely laggy. Where is 5.1.1??
diomark
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone has been extremely laggy ever since Lollipop 5.0 was pushed on it:( Also, I haven't been able to use the Gear VR since lollipop - it overheats after ~30 seconds:(

WHERE is 5.1.1 which came out MONTHS ago and supposedly fixes these issues???

Come on Verizon - get your act together!

-mark

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 5.0 is extremely laggy. Where is 5.1.1??
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung writes the code for the OS updates. If it isn't finished or gotten certification approval it won't be released until it is ready.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung writes the code for the OS updates. If it isn't finished or gotten certification approval it won't be released until it is ready.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
inntheboat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Amazing that people have an excuse for Verizon. Mark, you're not the only one waiting: We're waiting on the 5.1.1 update, Verizon!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't understand the real process for how OS updates are handled on any carrier in the USA and not just Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes
diomark
Enthusiast - Level 2

WHY does verizon always have to be last though?

I know 5.0.2 took a long time at Verizon - I saw the errors that the other carriers had with 5.0.2 on note 4 - I was hoping verizon took the extra time to fix things.. But no, when it was released, it was just as buggy as the other carrier's version.

I'm so frustrated with Verizon. Very tempted to take me and our 3 phones to t-mobile:(

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon isn't always the last carrier to get updates for the devices that work on VZW. I seem to remember a couple of Verizon branded Motorola phones were the first to see a major OS update.

0 Likes
Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

Name them!  I have been with Verizon for way too long now and I can never remember when they were not the last to provide an update!

0 Likes
AlixRudolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still waiting here as well. Nothing better than an overpriced paperweight.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
hwaa18

I know that other carriers plan to release it in october. I assume verizon will follow suit.

0 Likes