Re: 5.1.1 Upgrade Ruined My Contacts (Note 4)
Willard84

This worked for that issue with my contacts. Here's what I did:

1 - Opened the Verizon Cloud App

2 - Went to Settings

3 - De-selected "Contacts"

4 - Performed a backup

5 - Re-selected "Contacts" in Cloud settings

6 - Performed a second Backup

The other issue I'm having is the merging of two contacts; my sister and brother in law. I now see 2 tabs for Google contacts. On the first Google, my sister is correct (contact info and pic). The second one is my brother in law with all the right info/image, but this does not appear in my Phone list of contacts. Phone has my brother in law's pic and info. The Cloud has my brother-in-laws pic/info, but both numbers. This is the info/image that shows when either of them call from different numbers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's work to ensure you can easily manage your contacts, Brian.  I am glad to see you have made some progress. In regards to the 2 contacts merging, the Cloud typically will be backing up the "Phone" contact. Have you tried clearing the contact completely and re-entering it? We certainly want you to have the best device experience, I apologize as we are unable to roll back software. The reset may help with random corruption that may have occurred during the update however it will not reinstall original version.
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your reports.

Certain third party applications may not have properly maintained the contact database clean up.

If the issue persists the following procedure may be necessary:

1. Backup the contacts data using whichever source the user is comfortable with. (Cloud, PC applications, etc.)
  2. Temporarily uninstall any applications which sync a volume of contacts to the device. (WhatsApp, Skype, etc.)
  3. Navigate to Settings > Applications > Application manager > All > Contacts Storage
  4. Choose Clear Data and confirm that choice.
  5. Restore contacts data backed up in step one using whichever method is appropriate (note: If the user backed up the contacts data using a Cloud service, the data will be restored automatically after clearing data for Contacts Storage)
  6. Reinstall any temporarily removed third party applications as necessary.
0 Likes
tonytrutanich

You keep saying "backup contacts" but Verizon cloud is saying there is no contacts. I've lost over 3,000 contacts. Need help.

0 Likes
tonytrutanich

I can't even add new contacts from new friends that text me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to learn that your Verizon Cloud has no contacts, tonytrutanich. This means that any previous backup syncs from your phone were not performed properly and no contacts exist on the Verizon Cloud. If you backed up your contacts to another cloud service like Gmail or other, you may be able to get your contact from there.
Once you get your contacts from any other cloud storage service, I recommend backing up to the Verizon Cloud. See this link for more details on the Verizon Cloud: http://spr.ly/6583BjYRZ

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes